Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brabantia 5l Pedal Bin €8 Heatons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭martini1

no longer available, great offer, was just looking for one too

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Worth looking tomorrow... They seem to put a few of everything up each day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

looks like they're back in stock, thanks op! some deal, they are about 30 quid on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I collected my pair today from Heatons. I only opened the packaging when I got home. They're are not Brabantia. They look pretty cheap and I definitely be bringing them back. Pretty disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

Same happened here, collected mine & the box contained cheap bins, I'm waiting for a call back from someone in Heatons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Same rubbish here, not a Brabantia at all. I should have checked this thread as i only collected this evening and would have checked before i brought it home :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Same here. I got an immediate refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

Unsurprisingly, I didn't get the call-back I was promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Received this email this morning
    Dear ****

We are writing to you regarding your Heatons online order 5045262, it has come to our attention that there was an administrative error on our website regarding a product that you ordered. The product which you ordered “Brabantia Pedal Bin 5L” had been wrongly named and is not in fact a Brabantia bin it is a €8 “Edco 5L bin”. We would like to offer our apologies that this error has affected your order. We have since removed this line from our website and our working to rectify the problem.

To compensate you for any inconvenience we would like to offer you one of the following two options:

Option 1:
    Refund you the full €8 price you paid and also give you 20% discount off your next online order, we will also arrange to collect the unwanted bin.

Option 2:
    Should you prefer, we can offer you a replacement Brabantia bin. However, as we do not stock a Brabantia stainless steel bin, the replacement is matte finish, as seen on our website http://bit.ly/1u2akqK, This would be at a cost to you of €15.60, which is inclusive of the original €8 you paid and also 20% off, as a way of apology. We will also arrange a home delivery and collect the unwanted bin at the time of delivery.

If you could advise by return email which option you would prefer we can arrange this for you immediately. Once again we offer our sincere apologies for the error. It was not intentional and we are working hard to ensure errors such as this do not happen in future. Our new and improved online store launches in early November. We will email you separately to notify you when it is live.

Kind Regards and apologies for the inconvenience,

Kind Regards,

Online Customer Services
    Emailed them back and went for the refund option and was able to arrange a date for the collection. Fair play to them for offering to collect it.

Edit - I've received the refund via paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis, classic bait and switch from Heatons there

• Advertisement
Advertisement