Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change from level 7 to 8

• 09-09-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am just after completing a repeat exam and am not very confident I passed it. It was a first year exam in a level 7 course.

If I do fail this exam instead of repeating the year of the level 7 course and having to pay fees is it possible to move to a level 8 course instead and have the fees paid?

I would rather do the level 8 course I have my eye on as I am work experience in it from the past and would fly through it no bother.

I know in the past a person I knew did this but it might be all changed now.

Just to add that the level 7 is a 3 year course and the level 8 is a four year course.

This was also my first year of applying for a grant.

Looking forward to your replies.

Edit: Failing that, can anyone recommend any institutions that offer student loans to someone changing from a level 7 to a 8? I know they don't usually finance a repeat year but would it be considered a repeat year if you changed course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Unfortunately not, you would not be eligible for the first year of the level 8, you must progress into the second year of an undergraduate program in an approved institution on an approved course.

You can drop back to a PLC course if you've not entered 2nd year of your undergraduate course.
    You would need a break of five years from your studies/education before the slate is wiped clean allowing you to be funded for an undergraduate year 1 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Sup08 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not, you would not be eligible for the first year of the level 8, you must progress into the second year of an undergraduate program in an approved institution on an approved course.

You can drop back to a PLC course if you've not entered 2nd year of your undergraduate course.
    You would need a break of five years from your studies/education before the slate is wiped clean allowing you to be funded for an undergraduate year 1 again.

Thanks for your advice but I got my results back today and I actually passed the test!

I was doubting myself so much because I was so depressed that I failed it in the first place so to all of you out there in the same boat don't feel too bad about it before the results come out!

I was refreshing that page all day today to see my results :D it's a load off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Thanks for your advice but I got my results back today and I actually passed the test!

I was doubting myself so much because I was so depressed that I failed it in the first place so to all of you out there in the same boat don't feel too bad about it before the results come out!

I was refreshing that page all day today to see my results :D it's a load off now.

Congratulations and the best of luck with your studies. :D

Advertisement