Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education/hibernia college

Options
  • 19-08-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I was wondering if anybody is the same situation as me. I have been accepted to the Masters of Education programme at Hibernia college.

I am entitled to the Back to education allowance as I have done and a job bridge internship and thus been on social welfare the correct amount of time needed to be eligible.

According to welfare.ie the only post grad course recognised for the Back to ed. Is a Masters in Education however I have been told the Hibernia course doesn't count even though it is a master s in education.

I would be grateful for any info at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JanBan24

Eevy15 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if anybody is the same situation as me. I have been accepted to the Masters of Education programme at Hibernia college.

I am entitled to the Back to education allowance as I have done and a job bridge internship and thus been on social welfare the correct amount of time needed to be eligible.

According to welfare.ie the only post grad course recognised for the Back to ed. Is a Masters in Education however I have been told the Hibernia course doesn't count even though it is a master s in education.

I would be grateful for any info at all.

This seems to be a grey area topic. I have enquired several times about this and have gotten no further. Your best bet really is to call into your local welfare office and enquire. I have enquired with other relevant bodies in the matter but have been told very different answers. As for Hibernia it should be counted as a Masters that is its title? it is an online course and the college is private so that could be why its not listed. I am sorry I am not much a help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

I just rang the hibernia college there enquiring about a part time option but there isnt such thing anymore because of thé new PME course and it being 2 years long. I also asked about would I get the back to éd grant while doing this and the girl said that would depend on the individual applicant?? Stil lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

I just rang the hibernia college there enquiring about a part time option but there isnt such thing anymore because of thé new PME course and it being 2 years long. I also asked about would I get the back to éd grant while doing this and the girl said that would depend on the individual applicant?? Stil lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 suzycurr

Hi there, any luck or success in getting any concrete answers regards the BTE allowance whilst doing the PME in Hibernia?? Be grateful for any info- Thanks

Advertisement