Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta carry on/personal items

Options
  • 16-09-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Never flown with them before. from what I have read I am allowed a personal item in addition to my carry on...this can be a handbag, laptop case, camera bag,etc. anyone ever bring a backpack?

I don't really want to carry a handbag around so would prefer something like a backpack but don't want to be made check it either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Hi I flew with Delta to New York las year & took a back pack which contained my ipad plus documents etc. No bother whatsoever as long as its a normal sized back pack that can fit under the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

As long as the back pack isn't too big you should have no problem. Any American airline I have travelled with have been very flexible with regards to hand luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

Great thanks for the replies :)

Just plan on taking a normal sized backpack with change of clothes, ipod, camera, phone, travel sized toiletries to freshen up and maybe some snacks. Hope to keep it under the seat so I'll be able to get things easily as I need them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I've flown on Delta loads of times and I've never had a problem bringing 2 bags on. If your back pack fits under your seat, or the one in front of you, and you still have room for your legs, you'll be fine. It's take offs and landings that they care about most, so if it doesn't stow away cleanly when you first sit down, throw it up into the over head bin & take it down when you can get up & move about. I've seen the cabin crew come through and make people whose bags were too bulky to fit under their seats, put them in the over head bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭donna 182

Thanks for the reply proud. It's been a few years since I flew anyone other than Ryanair, so sometimes I forget they're not all so strict on these things! :)

Will try not to pack too much into it and fingers crossed I can squeeze it under the seat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement