Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote

Options
  • 27-08-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Could anyone tell me a good hotel to stay in Lanzarote? I am going i sept and looking for a nice, clean, reasonable hotel, close to or in Puerto del carmen. Advice much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

you going as a single, couple or with kids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭rockofrepublic

We are staying in the cinco plaza apartmenrs , we are heading in early sept , it looks like it will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 4 whelmaz

Its just myself and my 15 year old son going. A Rockofrepublic I shall have a look now. Thanking u :)

There are three pools in the place we are staying , there is a waterpark too we heard it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

whelmaz wrote: »
    Its just myself and my 15 year old son going. A Rockofrepublic I shall have a look now. Thanking u :)

try los fariones. with a kid not the hotel but the suites

• Advertisement

Waterpark is good there. Submarine too is worth a visit, even if it is a little pricey for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

gowley wrote: »
    try los fariones. with a kid not the hotel but the suites

Can't beat the location of these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Weve stayed in the cinco plazas twice, lovely apartments. Close to everything and the pools are lovely, we didn't eat much in the place either times weve been there as the restaurants and bars in lanzarote are fab, we like to eat out!

There are two new Chinese/Asian restaurants on the sea front - delicious !

The old town is a 15 minute walk, gorgeous bars and places to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

15 year old might like surfing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 whelmaz

Thanks guys. Im between cinqo apts or Sal lanzarote both have great reviews. I would prefer a hotel rather than apt though. Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

whelmaz wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me a good hotel to stay in Lanzarote? I am going i sept and looking for a nice, clean, reasonable hotel, close to or in Puerto del carmen. Advice much appreciated :)

Try the Riu Olivina. We went all inclusive there a while back. Gorgeous, its a 4* and a 2min walk off the promenade.. Really and truly not too expensive for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I have come across a few not so good reviews of Cinco Plaza but I've never stayed there, if you really want a hotel then browse Tripadvisor,
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g187477-Lanzarote_Canary_Islands-Hotels.html

@michellie we are staying there next week, cant wait to go, what about the nightlife , is the old town better or the new town? Where is the Shopping Center? I love shopping, did you go was it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sun_seeker

I have also stayed in the Cinco Plaza apartments and they are lovely. If you would prefer a hotel my friends parents stay at Las Costa every year. Id imagine there will be a big difference in price though between the two.

There are some really lovely hotels in Playa Blanca if you weren't set on going to PDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭fabvinny

I have come across a few not so good reviews of Cinco Plaza but I've never stayed there, if you really want a hotel then browse Tripadvisor,
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g187477-Lanzarote_Canary_Islands-Hotels.html
    dont be put off by bad reviews of cinco plaza,have stayed there 3 times,love the place.fairly central spot as well,not even a 5 minute walk to the strip.

@michellie we are staying there next week, cant wait to go, what about the nightlife , is the old town better or the new town? Where is the Shopping Center? I love shopping, did you go was it good?
    lovely restaurants in the old town,some nice bars too,but new town a bit livlier.head to the island bar near the biosphera shopping centre,mighty spot!!

Thanks , will check that spot out, also is the shopping center on the strip?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Try Relaxia Lanzaplaya apart/hotel.. it's very close to the beach and all the restaurants..

I'm staying here in a few weeks :) got a one bed apartment for €378 for 9 nights..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any time we go to Lanzarote it is always the Costa Sal in matagorda. Really feels like a home from home, there are 2 pools but no kids club. When you get there, the number of repeat visitors is really quite striking.

Thanks , will check that spot out, also is the shopping center on the strip?

lots of shops on the strip,but get a taxi to the biosphera shopping centre,its kind of half way between old town and new town,have been dragged around it many times!!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

ryanf1 wrote:
    Any time we go to Lanzarote it is always the Costa Sal in matagorda. Really feels like a home from home, there are 2 pools but no kids club. When you get there, the number of repeat visitors is really quite striking.

Stayed here twice. Once as a spotty 14 year old, with my parents and a couple of years ago I went with my wife and (then) two year old daughter.

My wife is VERY fussy and even she liked it! The main pool and kids' pool (on the upper level) are heated and the lower pool isn't. There's tennis courts and you can get various massage treatments etc too. It's a great spot. 2 mins from the beach, shops and restaurants, 5 mins in taxi from airport, 10 mins in a taxi to Biosphera Commercial Center and bus stops are 100m from the lobby, serving Arricefe and PdeC.

The bar and restaurant in the complex are good. Staff are lovely too. Entertainment in the evening is a bit hit and miss, but the pig racing nights are hilarious.

Hoping to go there again next year, cashflow permitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

just back yesterday for Lanzarote , stayed in the Los Jameos Playa hotel ... was super, we did the all inclusive deal.... included all food , all drinks,(food was absolutly fab...would have to be very fussy not to dind something that you liked) and beach only across the road and a nice walk to Porto del carmel....

Eponymous wrote: »
    Stayed here twice. Once as a spotty 14 year old, with my parents and a couple of years ago I went with my wife and (then) two year old daughter.

My wife is VERY fussy and even she liked it! The main pool and kids' pool (on the upper level) are heated and the lower pool isn't. There's tennis courts and you can get various massage treatments etc too. It's a great spot. 2 mins from the beach, shops and restaurants, 5 mins in taxi from airport, 10 mins in a taxi to Biosphera Commercial Center and bus stops are 100m from the lobby, serving Arricefe and PdeC.

The bar and restaurant in the complex are good. Staff are lovely too. Entertainment in the evening is a bit hit and miss, but the pig racing nights are hilarious.

Hoping to go there again next year, cashflow permitting!
    Would agree with all this. One letdown for us is the lack of air conditioning in the apartments. I hoped they would put that right during the renovations but they have not.
    The prices for 2014 are outrageous. Maybe they will come down nearer the time but for us its working out at €3700 for 2 weeks which is out of the question

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Would agree with all this. One letdown for us is the lack of air conditioning in the apartments. I hoped they would put that right during the renovations but they have not.
    The prices for 2014 are outrageous. Maybe they will come down nearer the time but for us its working out at €3700 for 2 weeks which is out of the question
    That's an insane price alright. I must check out our dates.

To be fair, we've never needed the aircon as we usually take our holidays in late sept to early october so the heat isn't such an issue, particularly at night.

Different next year as we'll have to try stick to school holidays.

EDIT: Just checked for middle fortnight in July and getting the luxury bungalows for €2200 and the upgraded 2 Bed apts for €1500, still a big step up from our last stay, but not nearly as bad as I'd expected.

That's an insane price alright. I must check out our dates.

To be fair, we've never needed the aircon as we usually take our holidays in late sept to early october so the heat isn't such an issue, particularly at night.

Different next year as we'll have to try stick to school holidays.

EDIT: Just checked for middle fortnight in July and getting the luxury bungalows for €2200 and the upgraded 2 Bed apts for €1500, still a big step up from our last stay, but not nearly as bad as I'd expected.
    Which tour operator is that with?
    Being tied to school holidays does bump up the price quite a bit and its alot busier out there but you get used to it. Its not totally unbearable without aircon but during the summer months it makes the nights more pleasant .

That's direct. flights are €700 on Aer Lingus. No prices up from Ryanair yet and haven't looked at the Charters yet for flight only.

Ok I just did that for us and for the first 2 weeks in august were looking at around €2600 or so which is a massive saving
    We did go direct on a holiday before and when someone gets sick and you have to cut your holiday short it can be a nightmare. Would have to think twice about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

That's direct. flights are €700 on Aer Lingus. No prices up from Ryanair yet and haven't looked at the Charters yet for flight only.

Hi
    Can you tell me what charters you are going to look up..I am hoping to head to Lanzarote in October and really should book soon !!
    Thanks

solerina wrote: »
    Hi
    Can you tell me what charters you are going to look up..I am hoping to head to Lanzarote in October and really should book soon !!
    Thanks
    Try First Choice (Falcon) and Thomas Cook.

A couple of weeks ago a poster here got return flights for about €160 for late september, however there's always the possibility that charters will be cut back for the winter schedule and therefore they won't have so many seats to try fill. Worth a look anyway!

• Advertisement

Ryanair from Shannon is about €275 before bags. Aer Lingus is €475 before bags.

Advertisement