Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Helix wrote: »
    rangers and celtic missed the boat to get into england years ago

all they needed to do was buy a non-league team, use it as their reserves where their kids went there on loan, supplemented with a few old heads. let them move up through the league and then when they hit the championship you officially move the new club to ibrox ala mk dons, change its name ala mk dons, and free transfer all the players from your first team over to it

of course that wasn't immediate enough a fix, so they didnt do it. and every year they don't do it costs them another year in getting into england legitimately. had they done that in, say, 2002, all going well at this stage they'd both comfortably be in the championship at least you'd have thought

Again it wouldn't have worked as we would not have been allowed to play our home games at Ibrox or Parkhead so it would be pointless

It's a dig at Scottish plastic paddies who, for the most part, love Ireland and will do anything for the place except visit or live there.

I don't like the 'song' - I'd prefer 100% Rangers songs - but there's a lot worse to get all mock offended about.

Listen mate no offence but looking at your post count your fairly new in here. Theres no point in telling anyone that they won't believe it I know from past experience and I like you would prefer 100% Rangers songs but lets face it I don't know any fans who just sing songs about the club they support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Again it wouldn't have worked as we would not have been allowed to play our home games at Ibrox or Parkhead so it would be pointless

any particular reason they wouldn't be allowed to relocate to ibrox? they wouldn't be rangers, they'd be another club from england who had moved, just like mk were

any particular reason they wouldn't be allowed to relocate to ibrox? they wouldn't be rangers, they'd be another club from england who had moved, just like mk were

Well for one the support would fade overnight if they weren't Rangers
    and secondly the SFA along with UEFA/FIFA would not allow a club playing in another country play in Scotland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

It's a dig at Scottish plastic paddies who, for the most part, love Ireland and will do anything for the place except visit or live there.

I don't like the 'song' - I'd prefer 100% Rangers songs - but there's a lot worse to get all mock offended about.

plastic paddies? like Aiden Mc Geady who has done nothing for Ireland, eh? It's insulting and abusive to thousands of people and not just the few you are on about

• Advertisement

Well for one the support would fade overnight if they weren't Rangers
    and secondly the SFA along with UEFA/FIFA would not allow a club playing in another country play in Scotland

like sevco, they'd become rangers. they wouldn't be the same club with the same honours, but they'd have the same staff, stadium etc

the fa cup final was played in wales for countless years. there's a scottish team physically based in england, and some teams in england physically based in wales.

the argument you have is only really applicable for a team applying to enter another country's league. that's not what would happen here. it would be an english club moving stadium and changing its branding. it would still be in the league it was previously be in, and it would have gotten there on merit. i dont think it would be quite as tricky as some people think to do it this way

plastic paddies? like Aiden Mc Geady who has done nothing for Ireland, eh? It's insulting and abusive to thousands of people and not just the few you are on about

Really so you expect thousands of Scots to be nice to a guy that deserted the country that educated him and where he was born and brought up Aye right

like sevco, they'd become rangers. they wouldn't be the same club with the same honours, but they'd have the same staff, stadium etc

the fa cup final was played in wales for countless years. there's a scottish team physically based in england, and some teams in england physically based in wales.

the argument you have is only really applicable for a team applying to enter another country's league. that's not what would happen here. it would be an english club moving stadium and changing its branding. it would still be in the league it was previously be in, and it would have gotten there on merit. i dont think it would be quite as tricky as some people think to do it this way

I can assure you it wouldn't be allowed the welsh teams were allowed to join the English leagues due to having no professional league in Wales at the time. As for the FA cup final the English FA rented it from the Welsh FA due to the fact Wembley was getting rebuilt. Berwick Rangers joined the SFA due to the Travell distances at the time.
    And finally once again we would not be allowed to play our games at Ibrox FIFA and UEFA have made this clear.

If you think it would be easy get in touch with FIFA/UEFA and the SFA I am sure they will tell you its not on

Really so you expect thousands of Scots to be nice to a guy that deserted the country that educated him and where he was born and brought up Aye right

No, but i was replying to a post that said the song was aimed at plastic paddies who did nothing for Ireland, which clearly is not the case with Aiden. I fully expect him to get a certain amounf of abuse from fans, but i think that song in itelsef is beyond the pale so to speak.

fed up to the back teeth of this nonsense rearing its head in these threads from people who havent a clue what they are talking about. Do you not think both celtic and rangers have looked into this in some considerable detail?

• Advertisement

No, but i was replying to a post that said the song was aimed at plastic paddies who did nothing for Ireland, which clearly is not the case with Aiden. I fully expect him to get a certain amounf of abuse from fans, but i think that song in itelsef is beyond the pale so to speak.

He never mentioned McGeady to start with and as much as I don't like the Two line song I know exactly where he is coming from

I can assure you it wouldn't be allowed the welsh teams were allowed to join the English leagues due to having no professional league in Wales at the time

its NOT a scotish team joining the english league or an english team joining the scotish leagues though. it's completely different. it's an english club in the english leagues remaining in the english leagues but moving their home stadium to ibrox. nobody is moving leagues or asking for a transfer from one to the other, they're simply moving geographic location

none of the previous issues regarding celtic and rangers joining the english leagues come into it as rangers wouldn't be moving league at all. an english league team would just be playing their home games at ibrox

that english league team would have worked their way up the leagues and gotten where they are on merit. it just happens that the english league team decides to change its name to rangers, and its stadium to ibrox, and signs all rangers' players. but it's still the english league team, still playing in the english league

its NOT a scotish team joining the english league or an english team joining the scotish leagues though. it's completely different. it's an english club in the english leagues remaining in the english leagues but moving their home stadium to ibrox. nobody is moving leagues or asking for a transfer from one to the other, they're simply moving geographic location

none of the previous issues regarding celtic and rangers joining the english leagues come into it as rangers wouldn't be moving league at all. an english league team would just be playing their home games at ibrox

that english league team would have worked their way up the leagues and gotten where they are on merit. it just happens that the english league team decides to change its name to rangers, and its stadium to ibrox, and signs all rangers' players. but it's still the english league team, still playing in the english league

And once again I don't care if it was Manchester United they would not be allowed to play there home games at Ibrox as the governing bodies do not want teams from one country playing permanently.

And if it wasn't in my case Rangers they would have no fans anyway

He never mentioned McGeady to start with and as much as I don't like the Two line song I know exactly where he is coming from

Eh, no he didnt mention him but he said it was directed at plastic paddies who dont care about Ireland. This is clearly not the case with mc geady
    who is regualrly taunted with this chant,

Eh, no he didnt mention him but he said it was directed at plastic paddies who dont care about Ireland. This is clearly not the case with mc geady
    who is regualrly taunted with this chant,

It is in Russia ;)

That chant has not been sung by Rangers fans for a couple of seasons now and rightly so as its ****e

fed up to the back teeth of this nonsense rearing its head in these threads from people who havent a clue what they are talking about. Do you not think both celtic and rangers have looked into this in some considerable detail?

i do think they have, and i think they'd have written off the 10 years itd take them to get to the championship as making it a non-starter - not any rules

i do think they have, and i think they'd have written off the 10 years itd take them to get to the championship as making it a non-starter - not any rules
    precedents
    i give up, you think UEFA would stand for it? Not a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Are you The_Keith????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

What do you mean by this? I assume the McGeady family have been paying their taxes to earn the right to live and be educated in Scotland. McGeady, due to being from an Irish immigrant community, holds an Irish passport and therefore qualifies to play for that country if that's where he feels his heritage lies. To use it as an excuse for fans to sing anti-Irish songs is weak. Would a player declaring for Italy have got the same abuse from Rangers fans? I think not.

• Advertisement

What do you mean by this? I assume the McGeady family have been paying their taxes to earn the right to live and be educated in Scotland. McGeady, due to being from an Irish immigrant community, holds an Irish passport and therefore qualifies to play for that country if that's where he feels his heritage lies. To use it as an excuse for fans to sing anti-Irish songs is weak. Would a player declaring for Italy have got the same abuse from Rangers fans? I think not.

Look I am not starting this crap again I have said I don't like the chant plus it isn't sung anymore but hey if you want to keep on about it knock yourself out I have said my bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

And once again I don't care if it was Manchester United they would not be allowed to play there home games at Ibrox as the governing bodies do not want teams from one country playing permanently.

Don't Cardiff and Swansea both still play in Wales despite being in the English system? If its not a problem for them, why would it be a problem for anyone else?

Saying that, this is one of the last things that are likely to be considered by the Rangers board any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Don't Cardiff and Swansea both still play in Wales despite being in the English system? If its not a problem for them, why would it be a problem for anyone else?

There was no professional league in Wales when they joined the English leagues.

Saying that, this is one of the last things that are likely to be considered by the Rangers board any time soon.

Jeez how many times Swansea and Cardiff joined the English leagues when there was no professional league in Wales that's why they are playIng in the English leagues it wouldn't happen now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'm not questioning the why. I know why. It was said that Rangers wouldn't be allowed continue to play in Scotland. I simply said that Cardiff and Swansea both continue to play in Wales. If its not an issue for them, why would it be an issue for Rangers if they ever looked to swap leagues? Obviously it isn't a big an issue as is being claimed.

I'm not questioning the why. I know why. It was said that Rangers wouldn't be allowed continue to play in Scotland. I simply said that Cardiff and Swansea both continue to play in Wales. If its not an issue for them, why would it be an issue for Rangers if they ever looked to swap leagues? Obviously it isn't a big an issue as is being claimed.

Of course it's a big issue it's been made clear that it wouldn't happen nowadays as Scotland has its own professional league.
    It's simple they don't want teams moving from one profession league to another the governing bodies say it would be detrimental to the league set up

The reasoning behind say Rangers playing there home games at Ibrox while playing in the English leagues and what Cardiff and Swansea do is that the two Welsh clubs were in place when the governing body changed its rules so they were given a form of dispensation much like Berwick Rangers still being allowed to play in the Scottish leagues while being an English team.
    I can assure you this has been looked into by both Rangers and Celtic so unless there was a dramatic change of policy there they stay

No? ok, is it anything like this then?
    Rangers had enough paper in the bank to never be in administration but it was forced on whyte. Whyte showed a letter of intent with money in the "bank" but that was money from ticketus held in an account by the lawyers. Duff and phelps should never have been administrators with the conflict of interests and have fleeced near 20 mill from rangers over last 4 month or so. Someone will be going away for a long time if held accountable its fraud on a MASSIVE scale.

Did Duff and Phelps/Collyer Bristow instigate the whole fraud set up?????

Rangers had enough paper in the bank to never be in administration but it was forced on whyte. Whyte showed a letter of intent with money in the "bank" but that was money from ticketus held in an account by the lawyers. Duff and phelps should never have been administrators with the conflict of interests and have fleeced near 20 mill from rangers over last 4 month or so. Someone will be going away for a long time if held accountable its fraud on a MASSIVE scale.

If and it's a big if at the moment that it's true and it can be proved then I reckon a few people will be scared in the showers and I for one wouldn't be surprised to find Murrays sticky fingers in there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Listen mate no offence but looking at your post count your fairly new in here. Theres no point in telling anyone that they won't believe it I know from past experience and I like you would prefer 100% Rangers songs but lets face it I don't know any fans who just sing songs about the club they support

I agree with you.

Of course I don't believe a Rangers-hater is going to be convinced regardless of what I try and explain.

While I'm honest enough to accept what goes with a certain element of our support, I'm not going to let lies and bull**** go unchallenged.

Ideally, I'd prefer not to of course and simply talk football.

Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Duff and Phelps were the "chosen" admins of Whyte which set alarm bells ringing right from the off.

At least now that criminal proceedings have started we might - just might - see a few collars being felt.

The whole business stinks. A hell of a lot of money resting in accounts which shouldn't be. And none of them appear to belong to Rangers.

Incidentally, it also appears that Charles Green is having trouble getting a club account established with any of the usual high-profile UK banks.

I wonder why that would be?

Advertisement