Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for take-away with paypal

Options
  • 05-11-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have some extra cash in a paypal account and was thinking of ordering some food - is it possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The only place I can think of, is Conrad Gallaghers place on Aungier St.

Can you not transfer the cash from your paypal to your credit card or bank a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MiCrOMaN1

Thanks for the reply - it takes two days to get to my bank account. I think it would be a good idea for places such as Justeat.ie to adopt this method of payment but for the moment I don't think its an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I order online from Pizza Hut Delivery and you can pay using Paypal.

www.pizzahutdelivery.ie

Thanks huskerdu never knew that.

On a separate note I was also looking for an off licence that could take paypal and you could possibly collect in-store. Its probably asking a bit much:D

Just thought i'd update this thread because I found out that eatcity.ie accepts Paypal:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrMickeyMouse

MiCrOMaN1 wrote: »
    Just thought i'd update this thread because I found out that eatcity.ie accepts Paypal:)

Not any more they don't!

Niche in the market folks, start accepting PayPal in Ireland for takeaway food!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

start accepting PayPal in Ireland for takeaway food!!!
    The problem is that they would have to increase prices to cover the high paypal fees. This is why many places will not take paypal, I have even emailed shops and sellers on ebay and offered an extra 5% to pay via paypal and most accepted.

If you have a few euro in paypal there are cheap shops with free delivery like www.dealextreme.com its like an online €2 shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KoRn101

Reviving this old thread as it still lingers in googles top results ! ;)

dominoes pizza accept paypal.. and since they started.. iv'e put on a bit of weight...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭PartnerSeeds

never knew take-aways accepted paypal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 leomacduff

never knew take-aways accepted paypal

Maybe bigger profit margins in fast food
    They don't mind soaking up the fees for increased turnover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GG9

Just for your information, did my research, NOONE seems to accept PayPal in Dublin for food takeaway/home delivery as of 2014 August.

PayPal is almost totally unusable in Dublin/Ireland, unfortunately. No food, virtually no groceries, no car rent, no local companies selling electronics... well, no wonder, PayPal has real high fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

GG9 wrote: »
    Just for your information, did my research, NOONE seems to accept PayPal in Dublin for food takeaway/home delivery as of 2014 August.

PayPal is almost totally unusable in Dublin/Ireland, unfortunately. No food, virtually no groceries, no car rent, no local companies selling electronics... well, no wonder, PayPal has real high fees.

Sorry for waking up this really old thread, but Dominos.ie accepts paypal now. I get paid mostly via paypal, so for me it's a huge deal. Guess who is having a feast today when my bank accounts scream for money but my paypal is loaded with thousands of euros. Weekend saved thanks to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

tnethacker wrote: »
    Sorry for waking up this really old thread, but Dominos.ie accepts paypal now. I get paid mostly via paypal, so for me it's a huge deal. Guess who is having a feast today when my bank accounts scream for money but my paypal is loaded with thousands of euros. Weekend saved thanks to them!

Domino's no longer accept paypal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Domino's no longer accept paypal!

They do if you order through the app or online - at least they did last weekend when we ordered and I have the option of PayPal on the app when I look now

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

They do if you order through the app or online - at least they did last weekend when we ordered and I have the option of PayPal on the app when I look now

The option is there but it's no possible to use paypal!

Advertisement