Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry to Fuerteventura?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi boarders, I've been searching for a way to get to fuerteventura from ireland (not by plane) and I am having serious difficulties deciphering the various ferry websites. Has anyone any experience of this trip? Is it possible? How long does it take and what is the comfort level of the travel?
    Thanks so much,
    dupoint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I presume you mean by landbridge - Ferry to continent and then another one (or two) to Fuerteventura?

Seems like a hell of a lot of effort to avoid using a flight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

I'm going to presume you can figure out how to get onto the continent: A ferry company called Acciona goes from Cadiz in southern Spain to Arricefe on Lanzarote. From there you can get to Playa Blanca and take a regular ferry crossing to Corralejo at the northeastern tip of Fuerteventura.

Not cheap, mind you. I priced the Cadiz-Arricefe route and it was €285 as a foot passenger return with no cabin. 31 hour trip too!

Try this site: http://www.ferryto.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

presumably the ferry stops at the islands on the way, but its possible to make the journey without changing it seems.
    Travel time is 48hours and the one ferry per week leaves on a tuesday
    heres the timetable for say this november:
    http://www.trasmediterranea.es/en/Ruta/cadiz-s-c--de-tenerife?Month=11&Year=2013
    Its also 285 return to tenerife as a foot passenger with no cabin.
    With a cabin its 523 return.
    With a car its 670 and 900return without or with a cabin respectively.

Obviously, as stated before, thats AFTER you have traversed the whole length of Spain which is a journey in itsself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

dupoint wrote: »
    Hi boarders, I've been searching for a way to get to fuerteventura from ireland (not by plane) and I am having serious difficulties deciphering the various ferry websites. Has anyone any experience of this trip? Is it possible? How long does it take and what is the comfort level of the travel?
    Thanks so much,
    dupoint

Three ferries are involved I believe (from Ireland), plus a considerable amount of driving, and/or bus/train journeys.

1/ Sail from Ireland to Britain.
    2/ Drive, train, or bus down to the SE coast.
    3/ Sail from Britain to France, then . . .
    4/ Drive, train, or bus, the length of France down to Spain.
    5/ Drive, train, or bus, the length of Spain down to Huelva.
    6/ Sail from Huelva to Las Palmas De Gran Canaria.
    7/ Sail from Las Palmas to Furtevenura (Morro Jabble).

You have now arrived at destination.
    chequeredwavingflag.gif
    Estimated journey time = one week/seven days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bob54ish

dupoint wrote: »
    Thanks so much,
    dupoint

Love to make this type of trip. Thinking about relocating to Fuerteventura from Ireland. Retired US/Irish national that fell in love with the island on recent trip. Leave message if interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement