Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legend of Zelda WIIU

• 07-03-2015 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

When does everyone think we will see this game, its supposed to be 2015 but since theres no date yet I reckon we wont see it till Christmas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I clicked into this thread with the same excitement the HL3 thread used to give me :D:p:):o:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

So long as we get either Starfox U or Zelda U this year I'll be happy. I would'nt read to much into the fact that we've heard little about it recently. Nintendo are very unpredictable, especially since they started doing Nintendo directs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Starfox U is supposedly coming this year, and followed by Zelda U. Both expected to be shown, if not playable, at E3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Myrddin wrote: »
    I clicked into this thread with the same excitement the HL3 thread used to give me :D:p:):o:(:mad:

My heart still jumps a teeny tiny bit when I see that thread on the front page :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Splatoon I think should be good, especially if they learn from Tank!Tank!Tank! and ensure that both local and online multiplayer is catered for.

• Advertisement

Delayed until 2016 and won't be shown at E3 this year. Considering their next console could be released as early as 2016 and we've heard little to nothing from Starfox U recently this is very worrying for the Wii U. With virtually no third party titles the Wii U can't afford to have first party titles delayed. It sucks to be a Nintendo fan the past couple of years.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/the_legend_of_zelda_for_wii_u_no_longer_set_for_2015_release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Splatoon I think should be good, especially if they learn from Tank!Tank!Tank! and ensure that both local and online multiplayer is catered for.

Sorry I know it's a late reply to this comment but I only saw it now.

I've been following Splatoon closely. I'm really looking forward to it.

If they can nail the multiplayer it could be special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It sucks to be a Nintendo fan the past couple of years.

So much wrong with this statement :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How dare Nintendo make such an expensive decision to ensure a better game. How dare they not achieve an arbitrary '2015' release date, and refuse to compromise the game to do so. Thinking of returning my Wii U now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Delayed until 2016 and won't be shown at E3 this year. Considering their next console could be released as early as 2016 and we've heard little to nothing from Starfox U recently this is very worrying for the Wii U. With virtually no third party titles the Wii U can't afford to have first party titles delayed. It sucks to be a Nintendo fan the past couple of years.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/the_legend_of_zelda_for_wii_u_no_longer_set_for_2015_release

If they only release Xenoblade Chronicles I'll be happy. 2015 seemed a bit optimistic, they can take their time with it, I don't want to see another Zelda compromised due to time constraints the way Wind Waker was.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If they only release Xenoblade Chronicles I'll be happy. 2015 seemed a bit optimistic, they can take their time with it, I don't want to see another Zelda compromised due to time constraints the way Wind Waker was.
    In general I'd be fine with that also but with he circumstances of the delay however such as non existent third party support and a vague NHX/mobile leaves me a tad worried. As long as Zelda is released for the Wii U I'll be happy with my investment. Nintendo really needs a decent Direct to regain the trust of their core basic imo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think there's plenty good out on the WiiU this year to keep me busy. Zelda can wait and if it takes them a little longer to perfect it I'm happier to play the better game rather than the release first, patch later **** most other publishers peddle.

Myrddin wrote: »
    So much wrong with this statement :)

Ha I guess that's a vaid point. The quality has been top notch. I just wish there was a bit more quantity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. I think everyone is in agreement that they make quality games. I, like many, just wish they made a higher volume of them.

They're only one developer and pumping out far more games at the moment than any other publisher/developer and probably more than they ever did in their lifetime. I don't think they could really do anymore to alleviate that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose, when looking at first party releases Nintendo are quite prolific compared to Sony and MS.
    It's a busy place and the shallow release schedule is mostly down to the lack of EA, Ubisoft and Activision.
    But I would say that, over all, it hasn't been such a bad deal, much of the games that have been extruded by these developera have been unfinished and unremarkable.
    The real loss is in third party works of wonder like Bloodborne, Bayonetta 2 was a start but Nintendo need more of this quality.
    And I just don't see it happening.
    That said, Nintendo seem to be maintaining a good relationship with all of these developers with the 3DS, and this bodes well for seeing them coming back into publishing titles for future Nintendo home consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It'll be done when it's done

When was the last time you bought a 3DS game that wasn't made by Nintendo or published? Even stuff like Monster Hunter is Nintendo published.

It's kind of worrying on the handheld front as well that outside of small japanese developers like Atlus there's only really Nintendo games. Most japanese developers have gone mobile and the West is all about the home consoles and PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think it could end up being like Twilight Princess and straddle Nintendo's old and new consoles - coming out on the Wii U and whatever they're working on at the moment

I think there's a different between the demographic represented here and the majority who own a 3DS that, in their ignorance, do not post here.
    They are the people buying EA and Ubi games for the handheld.
    I've no idea of the sales of these kinds of games though.

Edit: I stand corrected. There is feck all EA on 3DS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I cant wait to see what it turns out like to be honest, going by the transcript of what iwata said in the video while they were exploring the game the discovered several new possibilities for the game and want to intergrate them into the game to make it the best possible zelda that it can be rather then keep to a schedule and only put in content restricted by time. Sounds like they have the games best interests at heart rather then give in release dates. Im excited!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

...discovered several new possibilities...

I'm sticking a punt on The Legend of Zelda: Advanced Warfare.

Advertisement