Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Background Music Songs

Options
  • 17-02-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Thought this was the right section to put this in but maybe not? Im trying to get a songlist together for 'background music' type of gigs. I had one of these gigs already and am looking to do a few more and add to my repertoire.

The music I would be playing is for the background of a wine tasting event in a restaurant (2 hours). The last one that i played I just played guitar with no vocals but may be asked to sing at future events. Here is a my list so far :
    In my life, michelle, blackbird, jealous guy, norwegian wood
    hotel california
    needle & the damage, old man, heart of gold
    layla, tears in heaven
    angie
    under the bridge, road trippin
    dont think twice, tangled up in blue, buckets of rain
    heartbeats
    everlong, razor
    fire and rain
    albatross
    fast car
    message in a bottle, shape of my heart, every breath you take, roxanne
    wish you were here
    aint no sunshine
    hallelujah
    stuck in the middle
    dancing in the moonlight
    And then a couple of newer songs like - the a team(ed sheeran), someone like you, havent meet you yet

I was thinking of learning some jazzy/blues type songs or maybe something classical to mix it up a little.
    Anyways, I was just wondering what kind of music or what songs you would play at this kind of gig?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Advertisement