Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand Trip itinerary

Options
  • 03-01-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all! I'm traveling to Thailand in June with my boyfriend for 3 weeks. Flying to Bangkok then need to figure out some sort of plan. We do like bars and nightlife but don't want anything too mad, I don't think we want to go to a Full Moon Party so thinking of skipping Ko Pha Ngnan and doing something like the list below.

If anybody has any ideas to help me out that would be great, such as how long to spend in each place? Or any great things to do that you would recommend! Would love some options for activities to do in these places such as elephant rides or anything like that and where to do them. Or if we should add in places/take some out. Thanks!

Bangkok
    Chang Mai
    Phuket
    Phi Phi
    Ko Lanta
    Ko Samui
    Ko Tao
    Bangkok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

rc210 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm traveling to Thailand in June with my boyfriend for 3 weeks. Flying to Bangkok then need to figure out some sort of plan. We do like bars and nightlife but don't want anything too mad, I don't think we want to go to a Full Moon Party so thinking of skipping Ko Pha Ngnan and doing something like the list below.

If anybody has any ideas to help me out that would be great, such as how long to spend in each place? Or any great things to do that you would recommend! Would love some options for activities to do in these places such as elephant rides or anything like that and where to do them. Or if we should add in places/take some out. Thanks!

Bangkok
    Chang Mai
    Phuket
    Phi Phi
    Ko Lanta
    Ko Samui
    Ko Tao
    Bangkok
    If you're going up to Chang mai then go to Pai as well.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Phuket or Samui. Didn't really like either.

There's more to Koh Phangnan than the full moon party too. The west side of the island is really nice and peaceful.

Koh Lanta in June will be really quiet. Personally I loved that after the madness of PhiPhi but it mightn't be for everyone!

Try diving in Koh Tao. One of the best places in the world to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rc210

Thank you! Can I ask what was it about Phuket and Samui that you didn't enjoy?

Definitely will be trying out diving in Tao and Koh Lanta sounds lovely. I will look into Pai too I hadn't thought of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

Bangkok definitely, don't just give this great city a couple of nights. Phuket yes but maybe don't stay in Patong, Phi Phi can be done in a day trip, Samui and Tao are nice and relaxed with a nice mix of nightlife and beaches but Tao attracts more backpackers. 3 weeks may sound like a lot but you're going to lose a lot of days to travelling to get all of that in not counting the day it takes to get there and back. Thailand is a place where you don't want to rush it to really experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

AgileMyth wrote: »

Personally I wouldn't bother with Phuket or Samui. Didn't really like either.

Im guessing you went to the wrong places.

If you fly in to Phuket again, go north to Koh Lak and if you go back to Samui stay on the south west coast. Its an hour away from all the cheap crap.

You need 5 to 7 days on each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

househero wrote: »
    Im guessing you went to the wrong places.

If you fly in to Phuket again, go north to Koh Lak and if you go back to Samui stay on the south west coast. Its an hour away from all the cheap crap.

You need 5 to 7 days on each.
    Spent about ten days in each. Couple of days in loads of different places. Found some spots that were decent but if I were short on time they'd be the islands I'd skip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement