Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook places for android

• 04-01-2011 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Places seems to be live on blackberry as of the 1st of jan. Anyone know when its due for android?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just dont thinks its available in Ireland yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i heard it was released but being released on a phased basis. ireland not being available yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Posted about this a while back, it appeared on my galaxy for a few days (and on my iphone btw) for about 3 days. Wouldn't actually let me check in.

But it did pick up my nearest locations, and also where I was exactly, just wouldn't let me' check in' now however, it just says that its not available yet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I was over in London and it started working on my HTC Desire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Facebook places is now letting me select it but it wont let me check in.
    It does seem to find your location though. Hopefully be live and working soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Just went live there today, Working on my Desire now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Working on X8 here to but not before I downloaded the version from the marketplace as the one on my phone did not update it self automatically since I got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

slayerking wrote: »
    Just went live there today, Working on my Desire now.

Don't really see the point of it - I don't really care that all my friends seem to want to tell me everytime they are at the Gymn!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=how+to+use+facebook+places
    Have a read of a few of these and it makes more sense, I'm just getting the hang of it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

dougal wrote: »
    Don't really see the point of it - I don't really care that all my friends seem to want to tell me everytime they are at the Gymn!
    I agree. Don't want people knowing where I am.if you want to find places near you, doesn't Google Locations do all that for you?

• Advertisement

Then don't use it. But for those of us that do, it has many useful applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm sure this has been on my HTC Desire for weeks. It was definitely available last week.

I usually check in through Foursquare, myself, but the novalty wears off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Why use facebook then?

Give up your mobile phone too. Seriously nothing beats the hand written letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

draffodx wrote: »
    Why use facebook then?

Why use either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

draffodx wrote: »
    Why use facebook then?

For farmville - d'uh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

For farmville - d'uh!!!

Shouldn't that be the primary reason not to use facebook??? ;)

Advertisement