Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concrete acid stain

Options
  • 29-10-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi,
    Never posted on this before but could someone please help! Trying to acid stain/concrete stain my extension and can't seem to find any suppliers in ireland other than Colourstone.ie . They were really helpful but only have six colours available. Does anyone else in Ireland supply acid/concrete stain? all I seem to get when I google is US based companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 db40

Hi,

A google search for this same issue brought me here! Did you ever find a wider selection of Acid stains available in Ireland or for delivery here? How did it work out for you?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 087lizardo

Hi, I got them eventually from Hatfield in the UK. I had previously bought acid stain, sealer and wax supplies from Kemiko who have an amazing range of very good products but their UK distributors are useless, do not respond to e-mail's etc... The supplies I got were great, the prices fine. I did see by chance later that the local co-op has a product for painting milking sheds-concrete stain, that is exactly the same and half the price. . Can't remember the acid just now, but there are two types available. Pat McDonnell paints also carry it. It will give those warm rust tones, and with acid stain its all about using different concentration. Good luck with the job, if you haven't done it before, don't worry, it will be amazing and it always looks not so great until it is finished and sealed, cheers!

Hi, thanks for getting back to an old thread. That's very helpful and encouraging! All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shelleysoc

Hi, I am just wondering did any of the places that you got the acid stain also supply acrylic stain for concrete? I read that the acid stain can show up a lot of the imperfections whereas the acrylic doesn't and also the acrylic makes it very easy to give a marble effect.

Allcrete in Mullingar seem to supply that; I haven't done this yet but will likely be looking at a water based stain too as the acid stains don't come in lighter colours in my searching so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Sorry for dragging up an old thread - i'm just wondering how ye got on with the concrete staining - we need to pave/concrete around the back of the house, would love to do paving on one section outside our sun room, but it will cost alot. So was thinking of just getting stensils and using concrete stain to do my own design on the concrete. Has anyone done this? Is it a big undertaking?

Advertisement