Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar setup & Fret dressing in the West?

• 23-10-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a decent guitar setup and fret dressing done in the west? (I'm based in Mayo).

My guitar has an annoying buzz on the D string in the 14th fret but nowhere else on the guitar and it is driving me nuts! I am loath to go messing with it myself because I'm sure to mess it up even more.

Any help or advice would be great!

Regards - Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Whereabouts in Mayo? There's a guy in Sligo (Collooney) who builds guitars and does repairs. Garavogue Guitars I think he calls it. Supposed to be good. Beside the bridge as you go into Collooney from the Ballysadare side (if you were coming from Ballina direction.
    What type of guitar is it? Can you raise the saddle indiviually (like a Strat)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭danpatjoe

il gatto wrote: »
    Whereabouts in Mayo? There's a guy in Sligo (Collooney) who builds guitars and does repairs. Garavogue Guitars I think he calls it. Supposed to be good. Beside the bridge as you go into Collooney from the Ballysadare side (if you were coming from Ballina direction.
    What type of guitar is it? Can you raise the saddle indiviually (like a Strat)?

Many thanks!
    I have been in touch with him and will hopefully have all sorted out.
    Thanks again.

Regards - Dan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

https://www.facebook.com/GaravogueguitarTech

Garavogue Guitars
    Collooney
    Sligo
    086 0894801

Hope that helps

Rusty

Advertisement