Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Text 2015 Ordinary English

Options
  • 21-08-2014 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Have to decide. I would rather be disemboweled than do How many miles again. Im torn between The Great Gatsby and Home before dark?
    Weak group-most would do well to get a C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Have to decide. I would rather be disemboweled than do How many miles again. Im torn between The Great Gatsby and Home before dark?
    Weak group-most would do well to get a C

I tried to do The Great Gatsby with a weak group before and it actually almost killed me. They didn't get it at all and I ended up abandoning it and doing Sive instead that year.

Of those choices, I'd do Babylon. It's straight-forward and weak groups tend to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I've done Gatsby twice with HL groups and while the first chapter can be torture to get through, they usually get into it after that - the mystery, adultery and parties usually gets them. Baz Luhrman's film is close enough to it too. I don't know, there'd be a lot of hand-holding covering it with an OL group.

Would you go for Juno? Depressing and all though it is, if they have a crash course in Irish history, the boozing, betrayal and an unplanned pregnancy should be enough to keep them interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

sitstill wrote: »
    I tried to do The Great Gatsby with a weak group before and it actually almost killed me. They didn't get it at all and I ended up abandoning it and doing Sive instead that year.

Of those choices, I'd do Babylon. It's straight-forward and weak groups tend to like it.

Have done Babylon too many times-I find it terribly boring and never had a group who liked it. Why its perpetually on I dont know. Though-books are a personal thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Circle of friends? Why o why do we have nothing modern?? ie post 1950??

Advertisement