Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blazers

Options
  • 16-12-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

I need to get a couple of good quality blazers in the sales. I want something I can wear to the office and weekends. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to get them in the sales.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I have one in black from Zara, it came as part of a skirt suit but I think it looks lovely with jeans for a more casual outfit. Zara are usually fairly reliable for office-type wear, so blazers should be easy enough to find there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Zara and Mango both usually have very good quality blazers.

mangooutlet.com have some nice pieces already discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Would Zara and Mango blazers be too formal for weekends with jeans etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 northernstar

Topshop have lovely 'boyfriend' blazers. Fairly pricey at full price (about €100) but saw one in a sale recently for €45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I have a number of blazers from Dorothy Perkins. Ones for work (I work in a solicitor's office and attend Court regularly) and ones for nights out. Good quality, big selection and fairly reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I have a number of blazers from Dorothy Perkins. Ones for work (I work in a solicitor's office and attend Court regularly) and ones for nights out. Good quality, big selection and fairly reasonably priced.

I can be a bit less formal in work so I'm hoping to get a could that can be worn for work and weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

mood wrote: »

I have a navy Mango blazer with cream lining and it's perfect for jeans. Lovely quality and about €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

You can great bargains in investment pieces in the sales. I bought two Massimo Dutti blazers in last year's sale for about €80/85 each, down from €200. Expensive at the time, but I've gotten so much wear from them and they still look brand new. Totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

mood wrote: »

I don't think so. Depends how you accessorise it and your overall style. I have a black blazer from Zara with striped lining that I wear to work and casually. I sometimes roll up the cuffs a little to make it less 'worky'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Does anyone else find Zara blazers quite tight across the chest and shoulders but ok on the waist? Puts me off buying them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Does anyone else find Zara blazers quite tight across the chest and shoulders but ok on the waist? Puts me off buying them.

Yep, they are a disastrous fit on me for pretty much exactly that reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Next have some nice blazers sometimes, I saw a fab navy one, with leather collar the last time I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I have problems with a lot of Zara clothing. I end up trying loads of things and most are usually complete disaster. I love their T-shirts though and some more relaxed pants but their more fitted clothing just doesn't work for me. Mango seems to be much better (for me). I love mango for office wear. It's not the best quality but it is decent and very professional looking. Their selection in Ireland isn't great though.

Advertisement