Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Station closed but want to get train?

• 22-10-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Coolmine station office is closed now but i wanna get a train to connolly later? How do I get a ticket and not get slapped with the fine when i get there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

If the ticket office is closed, you are permitted to board a train without a ticket and pay at the destination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Defo? Dont want a fine....I dunno why they dont just let you use the auto machines after the teller goes home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

Because little louts will rob it!!!

Yea!! Defo, you can purchase the other end..... But you must buy the ticket at first departure point. Eg.... If you going to Lansdowne Road, you must buy ticket at connolly before boarding the DART.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The other posters are right, sure how else would people in Broombridge manage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Cool was able to purchase as ye said. Im just full of the experience of watching people getting lashed with fines every morning at pearse from the maynooth train cos they were too late to buy a ticket or something....forgot about broombridge that must be a pain in the neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

pclancy wrote: »
    Cool was able to purchase as ye said. Im just full of the experience of watching people getting lashed with fines every morning at pearse from the maynooth train cos they were too late to buy a ticket or something....forgot about broombridge that must be a pain in the neck.

Don't worry about them, almost all of them fall into the "I meant to get one but I was late etc etc" class.

The situation is, if there is no way to buy a ticket at the station (ticket office, conductor/guard on train, ticket machine), you pay at the next available point on your trip; normally this is as you alight the train though it can be at a change station. If you feel a bit nervous about it, take a pic of the ticket office closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

pclancy wrote: »
    forgot about broombridge that must be a pain in the neck.
    One time in Drumcondra I saw a woman pay for a Broombridge to Drumcondra ticket, but she had gotten on before I boarded at Coolmine. I feel guilty for not saying something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Polar101

Hamndegger wrote: »
    The situation is, if there is no way to buy a ticket at the station (ticket office, conductor/guard on train, ticket machine), you pay at the next available point on your trip; normally this is as you alight the train though it can be at a change station.

I was wondering about this. If I want to, say, go from Clonsilla to Bray - but the Clonsilla ticket office is closed, do I have to get my ticket in the city (and miss the DART connection while I'm at it), or can I buy my ticket when I get to Bray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Polar101 wrote: »
    I was wondering about this. If I want to, say, go from Clonsilla to Bray - but the Clonsilla ticket office is closed, do I have to get my ticket in the city (and miss the DART connection while I'm at it), or can I buy my ticket when I get to Bray?
    I know... It's terrible when you miss the DART and have to wait whole minutes for the next one...

That said, I can't remember the last time I had my ticket checked in Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Well yes it is a pain, the DARTs aren't that regular. Its happend to me many times that my station has been closed on sundays, there could be up to an hour between darts so fecked if i am getting off at the next available station to get a ticket. Never had any issues with paying at the other end in that situation. Then again I havent used the dart in quite a while now so things may have changed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement