Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shampoo Recommendation

Options
  • 29-10-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hello, I've highlighted blonde hair which is quite fine. I have always used high end shampoos but am now struggling to find one that isn't too heavy for my hair. These days most shampoos seem to leave an itchy coating on my scalp. The only thing that seems to help at the moment Timotei but as this is a clarifying shampoo, prolonged use is drying my hair out and is also turning my highlights a brassy colour. Can anyone recommend anything not too heavy but nourishing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

paulers06 wrote: »
    Hello, I've highlighted blonde hair which is quite fine. I have always used high end shampoos but am now struggling to find one that isn't too heavy for my hair. These days most shampoos seem to leave an itchy coating on my scalp. The only thing that seems to help at the moment Timotei but as this is a clarifying shampoo, prolonged use is drying my hair out and is also turning my highlights a brassy colour. Can anyone recommend anything not too heavy but nourishing?

When i was blonde I used redken blonde glam and it was honestly the best shampoo I've ever used. I think they've changed the name now to blonde idol but it's pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Thanks ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You need a clear shampoo as opposed to an opaque one. Think one that looks like shower gel rather than a creamy one. It's the silicone in the opaque ones that's causing the build-up.

I use the L'Oreal Elvive on in the pink bottle, I think it's Nutrigloss? Leaves my hair (also highlighted) lovely and soft and shiny without any build-up whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

try revlon 45 days shampoo for blondes it has no sulphates in it. Or herbal essences have a fab new nearly naked 0% range which i loved when I got a sample of in a magazine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Try schwarzkorf. Its really sold in deals here. But its usually the only shampoo you find in the German version of boots and Im not joking. The German version of boots literally has hundreds of schwarzkopf products and its what the Germans buy. I find the black one to be the only shampoo that doesnt dry out my hair and its super thick

Advertisement