Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dummy rounds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They are still classed as live ammunition under the totally idiotic Irish firearms act unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Budah

juice1304 wrote: »
    They are still classed as live ammunition under the totally idiotic Irish firearms act unfortunately.

You actually serious? The country is ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Budah wrote: »
    You actually serious? The country is ****ed.

Indeed it is mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Lads, posts condoning illegal activity such as "order it anyway" will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

You don't need a licence for that type of stuff. Just make an appointment with local super indo and get him to give you a letter allowing you to keep deactivated stuff.. He can only give you a letter that's valid for a period not longer than one year so get him to give you three individual letters for the next three years etc etc. It's worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Zxthinger wrote: »
    You don't need a licence for that type of stuff. Just make an appointment with local super indo and get him to give you a letter allowing you to keep deactivated stuff.. He can only give you a letter that's valid for a period not longer than one year so get him to give you three individual letters for the next three years etc etc. It's worth a shot.

You don't need a licence that is correct, but just to make it clear, you do need written permission from your Super if you have deactivated rounds in your possession. Otherwise under our idiotic firearms laws, you are in possession of an unlicenced firearm. It would be an awkward Guard that would do you for deactivated/empty shells but it has happened to people in the past.

Half the houses in Ireland have deactivated shells beside the fire to hold the poker, brush, shovel etc., and technically people are breaking the law by having them without permission.

Stupid, but that's what we have to deal with in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

You don't need a licence that is correct, but just to make it clear, you do need
    written permission from your Super if you have deactivated rounds in your
    possession.

Did zxthinger not just say that:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rookman

I always pick up my brass after shooting-i have being doing it for years.There is some spent 22 hornet and 223 cases at home but i now have just a 243 rifle could i be in trouble if the Gardai found these.??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Technically speaking yes, If you had a very unreasonable Garda.

Advertisement