Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

These were marked 2.24 at Jervis today.
    deisemum wrote: »
    I saw these at €1.12 each but if you bought 2 you paid €6. There are quite a few items that work out more expensive if you buy 2 of an item. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Wild Science Bath Bomb Factory 15 cent, it's clearly marked on SEL

101813_M.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Wild Science Bath Bomb Factory 15 cent, it's clearly marked on SEL

101813_M.jpg

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mrsfraw

Tesco Dooradoyle had the bath bomb sets yesterday 15c- in the separate home section:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

brian_t wrote: »
    I haven't heard of this.
    So if you buy one it's on the bill as €1.12.
    but if you buy two they appear as €3.00 each. :confused:

I thought so too, so I chanced it by buying 2 of the Tesco Finest chocolate truffle balls. They came up at 1.12 each, total 2.24.

• Advertisement

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Where?
    I work in the store so I would rather not say but it should be all stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

As of 11.40am this morning, there were 9 boxes of the Bomb factory on the shelves in the toy section of Tesco Wilton. I bought 2, so should be 7 left. Even went through self service so the price wouldn't be spotted by staff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

I found very few reductions in Mahon :(

Mint crisps still 39c but they are marked at a higher price (€1.17 I think?) so there are loads on the shelf.

Ariel Stain Remover powder 1kg pack is in the reduced section at the back near the bread. It is marked €10+ but scanning at €2.64.
    IDShot_90x90.jpg

Ariel Powder Colour 800G with Acti Lift marked €1.49. (The Bio equivalent is €3.17)
    IDShot_90x90.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Mint crisps all gone today in Nutgrove but I did get a 300g bar of Galaxy orange & shortbread reduced from €3 to 79cent.
    The Italian chocolates mentioned earlier scanned at full price .
    No ipod alarm clock on shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Still some in Drogheda extra,They are a great stocking filler get in there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo €1.54 in Prussia Street. Marked on shelf. This stuff is normally €6+

Forgot to check the mint crisps but they did have a good few of the little selection packs for 75c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

Can anyone tell me where the scanners are in Tesco Clearwater and Jervis Street please.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

there's a scanner in Clearwater to the left of the Pharmacy counter at the back of the shop. Checked today though, only thing I could find of interest was the Snowman hankies for 37c!! Everything else scanned at full price.... choccies, kitchen rolls, loo roll (no USB sticks) and most other things that have been mentioned in the last page or two. Hey Tesco Staff! Leave some for the rest of us, will ya? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deb28

has anyone seen the Bath Bomb Factory in dundrum or nutgrove?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

deb28 wrote: »
    has anyone seen the Bath Bomb Factory in dundrum or nutgrove?

none in Nutgrove earlier - dunno about Dundrum sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

No bath bomb in Bray. Any in Dun Laoighaire I wonder?

JLS dolls down to €1.75 SEL clearly marked in my store it should be available in all stores.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

JLS dolls down to €1.75 SEL clearly marked in my store it should be available in all stores.

Boybands have such a short shelf life these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The problem with most of these BA's is that Tesco have so many stores and from my experience these savings seem to be store specific.
    I've checked many of the postings in my local store but only a tiny fraction have applied.
    Tesco are the real winners as I always end up buying something while I'm in there seeking out the ghost BA.....

mint crisps 39c in dooradoyle. 75c funsize selection boxes were there.
    1kg of ariel stain remover scanning at price of 500g. 5.29 instead of 10.29 in both Roxboro and Dooradoyle.
    Bath bomb sets sold out. new style on the shelves scanning full price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Dont entirely agree, they are barcode specific much more than store specific. Also many are clearance or discontinued items so not in all stores.
    I have posted items here and gone back weeks later and found them still on the shelf, seemingly unlikely when reduced from 14 to 1.40.
    Helps though if you are not restricted to one Tescos.

Word of advice, other than the BA only buy you would buy normally, dont fall in to that buying something anyway trap just because you go in to the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i got 7 of the bathy bomb set in tesco dooradoyle this morn,,they were at the window with no price and i hadn't seen boards this morn so i went to the checker thing at priced at 15c i picked up 7 along with 2 portable dvd players,,grand total of €69:D:D:D

What make and model were the dvd players????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

mrsfraw wrote: »
    What make and model were the dvd players????
    technica 7'' widescreen dvd player..i dont mind what model it is tho as the cheapest i could find anywhere was €50 each:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

resize?sq=450&uid=1892154713

Picked up three of these this evening for 1.75 each in Tesco Crescent Shopping Centre :)

Plenty left there when i was leaving. Probably still had about 20 more boxes there

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

amiable wrote: »
    resize?sq=450&uid=1892154713

Picked up three of these this evening for 1.75 each in Tesco Crescent Shopping Centre :)

Plenty left there when i was leaving. Probably still had about 20 more boxes there

But what are they ?????? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

still loads of the 4gb Sandisk usb's for €3.40 in Tesco Ardkeen!
    No price on the shelf so it seem's no one know's they're that price - I only knew from reading this thread.

Thanks, i havent seen any of the bathy bomb sets anywhere in my local tesco's

siber wrote: »
    But what are they ?????? ;)
    they are ideal Christmas presents for little girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 trelemenele

Nerf N-Strike Flip Clip Refill 4.99 in Clearwater, still a decent price. Amazon has them for almost 8 pounds, play.com for 11.49 euro.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nerf-N-Strike-Flip-Clip-Refill/dp/B003LAB9PG/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1323901747&sr=8-16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

blue-army wrote: »
    No price on the shelf so it seem's no one know's they're that price - I only knew from reading this thread.

Are they over in the electronics section yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Are they over in the electronics section yeah?
    yep! Next to all the usb's.. They're in the security boxes. There was about 7-8 there earlier.

yep! Next to all the usb's.. They're in the security boxes. There was about 7-8 there earlier.

Picked up one on the way home from work. Two more there at half twelve. Handy out!

I was not in work last night myself so not sure of the model but polly in my pocket set down to €1.75 it was €15 more detail's when I get them

If anyone see's the bathy bomb set can they pick one up and i'll pay postage costs, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Phillips CD player €8.50 in Gorey last night. Reduced from €35. Bought one and one left on the shelf.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-9260.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

Also in Gorey, they have the HP 16G usb sticks for €7.99. In the phone accessories section.

I was not in work last night myself so not sure of the model but polly in my pocket set down to €1.75 it was €15 more detail's when I get them

I got 3 of these in the Crescent last night

All gone today

I picked up a Sony Ipod dock/Alarm/radio reduced from 59.99 to 13.99 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Must say I got some cheap AAA batteries a few months ago and a cheap(E2.95) phone emergency charger thanks to the eagle eyed bargain alert members, but for all these other bargains are there stickers/labels as when I am in Tesco I rarely see any of these things.Perhaps I should go to specsavers first.

Did see the big 900ml bottles of Pantene shampoos and conditioners for 2.95
    this week which looks good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Picked up this mp3 case with built-in speaker in Tesco Omni Park tonight (last one though!). Only 3.50, can't go wrong really.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-5111.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Picked up this mp3 case with built-in speaker in Tesco Omni Park tonight (last one though!). Only 3.50, can't go wrong really.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-5111.aspx
    Tescos clare hall just had 3 of the sony ipod clock radios @ 14.

not any more ;p

actually theres 1 left facing the laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

What's the model FFS !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭davehey79

have to agree with the previous poster model number would be a great help on any post in here electronically speaking ( saves on lugging various models over to the price checker )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Cheers for the heads up buttie :) Is there a price checker out in Tesco Ardkeen?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Noob question - how do you guys figure out the BA's if they're not marked? Do you just pick up a load of random stuff and bring it to the scanners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

mccarte2 wrote: »
    Noob question - how do you guys figure out the BA's if they're not marked? Do you just pick up a load of random stuff and bring it to the scanners?

Keep an eye on hotukdeals, sometimes the Tesco misprices/deals are similar here. I have found that if something doesn't have a shelf label it is worth scanning! Also, I might have saw a shelf label with a reduced item in one store but its out of stock there and I would check another store where it might have a full price shelf sticker or none at all and get it there. And just be eagle eyed as sometimes the reduced price is just on a normal white shelf label.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

this one for those looking for the sony clock radio. it was the only SONY brand facing the laptops
    http://www.sony.ie/product/rad-clock-radio/icf-c05ip

jammstarr wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads up buttie :) Is there a price checker out in Tesco Ardkeen?

I didn't see any price checkers myself. There certainly used to be but not sure anymore. I was there at midnight last night though, had a quick scan around and didn't see anymore of these so I reckon they're all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Just 12 cents for this Party Popper in Tullamore today.
    140.jpg
    There are three different sizes in these and only the middle size (I think it's 20cm) was reduced.
    The 20cm size is selling on ebay for about £2.50

ALSO Lots of 24cent boxes of Snowman Tissues in Tullamore today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement