Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really bad..but not serious situations you found yourself in.

Options
  • 28-11-2009 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

getting a train from Victoria Station to carshalton beeches is normally a 35-40min train ride. On this occassion I had one of those whopper Latte from Starbucks....now I was about 3 or 4 stops from my stop when I felt the urge to spend a penny...so knowing I was reasonably close to my stop i held on...but between stop 3-2 the train came to a halt. There seemed to be a fault on the line and I was stuck there for nearly 1 hour. But my God it was the most difficult hour of my life...
    By the time I got to a station and a toilet I felt my baldder had swollen to the size of a 5 gallon drum...it was HORrIBBLE.
    It wasnt a serious situation but it was really bad...so have you had one similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yeah, I've needed to pee but due to circumstances have had to wait at times in my life too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Yeh kinda the same situation except at the back of bus eireann. Unfortunately i couldn't hold it in and had to relieve myself in a lucozade bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Not serious but really bad? :/ Ermm.. I'm not sure

Any of the times I've had to see a Head of Year, Headteacher of Deputy Head
    Or that time we got searched by the armed police.. that was funny. Merely for the fact they'd followed us for a mile to search us for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

brummytom wrote: »
    Not serious but really bad? :/ Ermm.. I'm not sure

Any of the times I've had to see a Head of Year, Headteacher of Deputy Head
    Or that time we got searched by the armed police.. that was funny. Merely for the fact they'd followed us for a mile to search us for nothing
    Armed Police...thats no biggy.
    Ya know the way Mossad agents watch every El Al plane take off....I was quizzed by one in Manchester and told him to f*ck off...witin in 10 mins I was being held by SO19 officers and had all my bags empited in the car park of the Airport Hotel in Manchester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Voltex wrote: »
    Armed Police...thats no biggy.
    Ya know the way Mossad agents watch every El Al plane take off....I was quizzed by one in Manchester and told him to f*ck off...witin in 10 mins I was being held by SO19 officers and had all my bags empited in the car park of the Airport Hotel in Manchester.

Hey, you know them pills you're on, yeah will ya sell us a few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

was staying with a friend at her mothers house 5 years ago, had a little jet lag constipation. the day finally came and it was a pretty big torpedo launch, after releasing it I dont know why but the bowl got blocked (must have been from something previous, it was faulty anyway). there was nothing to unblock the toilet so I had no option but to pick it out with my hands in a plastic bag, it broke up into a few pieces and the water level was very high. bit of a messy job, there was no way I was leaving it in there for them to see. once I cleared it all out and sneaked downstairs to the outside bin to dump the evidence I told them about the blockage, they said it was fine that its happened before a few times.

I cant remember if I took it out from the outside bin later and put it somewhere else but wherever it was it prob stunk up the place, the weather gets hot in san diego

...It happened again last summer in New York, 5mins before check out time! but I wasnt checking out of the hotel, just moving to a different room. so the maid would have prob taken revenge later. luckily enough a miracle occurred and it went on its merry way just in time

I missed a bus from san fran to LA one night, was flying home from LA the next day. that was the last bus to get me there on time. I spent the night beside the port sleeping rough and blagged my way to oakland the next morning and then blagged my way onto a bus that was connecting with a train 40mins away. got to LA and had only 50c, needed around 3 dollars for a bus to LAX. eventually a guy working there bought me a ticket.

in bad situations being Irish can sometimes help, we all have the gift of the gab in us, but not all of us use it. kind of like moving things using your mind and setting things on fire without touching them, but not as extreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Got caught with a bag of coke in a Buenos Aires nightclub that belonged to a Canadian mate. He asked me to hold it cause some girl he was with hated drugs. As soon as he handed it to me i had 2 cops grab me and bring me into the kitchen area. Went through my pockets and found the bag. I don't know how i kept my cool and managed to explain in Spanish that i had bought it from a taxi driver under the impression that it would help me relax and sleep. And that i needed it because i had a flight to New Zealand in 2 days time and that i was terrified of flying. And without such an aid there was no way i could get on the flight. They took the bag off me and told me to go.

Don't know how i dodged that bullet. Argentine friends told me that i should have ended up in prison with the drug laws they have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Got caught with a bag of coke in a Buenos Aires nightclub that belonged to a Canadian mate. He asked me to hold it cause some girl he was with hated drugs. As soon as he handed it to me i had 2 cops grab me and bring me into the kitchen area. Went through my pockets and found the bag. I don't know how i kept my cool and managed to explain in Spanish that i had bought it from a taxi driver under the impression that it would help me relax and sleep. And that i needed it because i had a flight to New Zealand in 2 days time and that i was terrified of flying. And without such an aid there was no way i could get on the flight. They took the bag off me and told me to go.

Don't know how i dodged that bullet. Argentine friends told me that i should have ended up in prison with the drug laws they have there.

Last time I was out in Argentina all the locals were wasted. But no-one was drinking.

There's a connection in there to your story of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

karlog wrote: »
    Yeh kinda the same situation except at the back of bus eireann. Unfortunately i couldn't hold it in and had to relieve myself in a lucozade bottle.

That's ****ing weird! I also had to go into a Lucozade bottle, at the back of a Bus Eireann! Small world!

• Advertisement

That's ****ing weird! I also had to go into a Lucozade bottle, at the back of a Bus Eireann! Small world!

you should start a facebook group, maybe theres more of you out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Coming back from work one night, in my 1996 dirty white van, I was unloading a load of my poker tournament equipment out of the van into the back of my father's business, which happens to be a shop. He lets me use the back rooms to store my equipment (tables, chips, etc.).
    While loading the stuff into the storeroom, a squad car pulls up outside. Here's me, it's 3 a.m., with an ancient filthy van and the doors to this shop wide open, and I'm lugging stuff around. The two Gardaí got out and started walking towards me, in that slow way only Gardaí can, hands casually resting on the batons. And for some reason, I started stammering like a gob****e trying to explain what I was doing. They looked me up and down, not believing me. They had to ring my house number, wake the parents before they believed me. Even then, they noted my reg plate number and searched the back rooms of the shop before they left. Great fun...

Following will only make sense to poker players:

Or... with a pot of about €500 in the table, I'm sat with Q-Q, the board reads: As-Ah-Jd-Ts-Td. Guy to my left has raised €150. I push all-in for €450. The guy thinks, and thinks and debates... My veins are pumping absolute battery acid, my armpits are like the bottom of the ocean and my stomach is doing backflips. The guy says... ''Got an ace? Fúck it, I fold.'' and shows me a King-10 of Spades. I don't show and smile. PHEW!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

getting a train from Victoria Station to carshalton beeches is normally a 35-40min train ride. On this occassion I had one of those whopper Latte from Starbucks....now I was about 3 or 4 stops from my stop when I felt the urge to spend a penny...so knowing I was reasonably close to my stop i held on...but between stop 3-2 the train came to a halt. There seemed to be a fault on the line and I was stuck there for nearly 1 hour. But my God it was the most difficult hour of my life...
    By the time I got to a station and a toilet I felt my baldder had swollen to the size of a 5 gallon drum...it was HORrIBBLE.
    It wasnt a serious situation but it was really bad...so have you had one similar?

Jesus OP. It's like you've combined two of my bad situations, the first is quite common. I found myself in Charing Cross station, drunk as a wheelbarrow, with five minutes to go before the last train when I realised I couldn't bring the timetable into focus. I tried leaning my face against a pillar to steady it.:( I ended up just jumping onto the train that went from the most usual platform. As it pulled out I realised I had calculated everything perfectly. This led me to relax and I had to walk home from Dartford.:o

The second was much worse. I was down the country training in some subcontractors and was invited to go on a field/work/coach trip as a couple of the lads were playing a gig in a town not fifty miles away. I wasn't able to go at the first rst stop due to nervousness. Within two minutes of the coach setting off again I was dying. People who had gone on the first rest stop were begging the driver to stop. I often wonder would I have let my kidneys explode rather than make a show of myself in front of people I barely knew begging the driver to stop with my kaks around my knees.
    Hardly the image one wishes to portray when the emissary of a high-tech multinational (especially if you're from the pale and you're training in people from the rebel county.)

Anyway,yeah... without a shadow of a doubt the closest my kidneys have ever come to exploding.

So that was Friday night. By Saturday morning they'd seen right through me. By Saturday afternoon I'd lost all credibility with head office...then we got pissed and they had me on the milk train from Mallow on Monday morning as I'd missed the last train from Cork.

Love to my friends in Hollyhill you know who you are.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

phasers wrote: »
    Yeah, I've needed to pee but due to circumstances have had to wait at times in my life too.

The cynicism in this post summed up Phasers for me and I am not liking the person behind the avatar. Nothing life threatening but pretty annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Phasers is a top, top bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

My satellite dish blew down and I was left watching RTE one Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

The ten years I lived in carshalton.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was on Erasmus in Spain last year and by the end i was really broke. So broke that i had to book flights for 3 weeks after i was supposed to go home just because they were cheap enough. I blagged an extra couple of weeks in the apartment because everyone else had gone home.

Anyway, all i had left in the end was €20 to get my bag onto the plane and me home safely on the flight. I was on my own and i was paying to check in the bag and the woman said it was €25 because of some small print Service Charge. I scrounged around my clothes and found €3.20 so at this stage i said "can i give you €23.20?" and the b***h said "No Pay No Travel". For the sake of €1.80.

Leaving my bag in the airport wasnt an option (We had been interviewed in Valencia by police as terror suspects so THAT wouldn't have looked great, but thats a different story) so i was screwed. I had no money for the phone, no credit to ring home and because i had no credit nobody could ring me. All my friends had gone home from Valencia so i had nowhere to go.

So i just went to some people i thought were Irish in the queue and told them what happened and basically begged. They bailed me out and i was able to go home.

Doesnt sound like the worst situation in the world but at the time i was freaking out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Empty Latte cup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

The cynicism in this post summed up Phasers for me and I am not liking the person behind the avatar. Nothing life threatening but pretty annoying
    Hey! Thats my BF you're talking about :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Kiera wrote: »
    Hey! Thats my BF you're talking about :mad:

Indeed a terrible situation to be in!

Advertisement