Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public transport..your horror stories

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

prinz wrote: »
    A junkie on the No. 4 projectiling a mixture of vomit and blood... window, side, seat, floor it was everywhere.

Oh sweet jesus!

I've seen on spaced out on the floor of the middle section, on a No. 4. He just lay there covered in popcorn spaced out and only moved when that middle moving section forced him to.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

the city speed showed up 1 hour and 20 minutes late

dublin bus layed on a tiny 50 seater, despite 200 people waiting for the bus

i had to stand for 1.5 hours on the bus (the route was designed by a chimpanzee)

then the bus driver threw every one off the bus a few miles from home, he said he was starving and was getting something to eat and for everyone to F*** off and to walk the rest of the way home in the rain

(this was a typical journey with dublin bus from 1996 to 2002 for me, a lot worse happened...)

i really grew to hate dublin bus

thankfully it's changed and it's good now, but for years bus drivers should of been dragged out into the street and shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

robbie_998 wrote: »
    not really a horror story but anyway i got a bus into town today,

51B at about 9ish and half way through the journey a guy got on,(i know i know just wait !)

the bus was fairly packed but there were spare seats left at the back where you face backwards, so the guy sat there, after staring at two people in the corner for about 5 mins he took out a pencil and sharpened it there and then and the shavings went on the floor :pac:

after that he took out a notebook kinda thing and started drawing the two people seating in the corner !!!

he was actually very talented too :eek:

Saw that guy on the Luas as well on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago. He started off by drawing a guy that was standing near me, it was a bit creepy really. Then he drew two girls who were sitting down and then was chatting away to them. Whatever and all that but I'd absolutely hate it if someone did that to me without asking and everyone else watching and nudging each other :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

foodie66 wrote: »
    I was once bringing a top bk to the shop when a little chinese baby projectile vomited right into my shopping bag.... that was the end of getting my money bk for that. Little b!tch :(:(

WTF, bk ? You managed to fully spell out every other word, how much extra effort would it have been to put the a and c between the b and k ?
    on the king of scum buses the 77.

That was a fun bus, you never had to eat before getting on as you were always offered the Kitkat from the junkies who bought it just for the tinfoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

a guy vomited on the floor behind me

the voit rolled up the bus when it moved and soaked my school bag

also the guy beside me peed himself, unknown to me, after a few minutes the dampness reached me and i got a wet ass

the joys of dublin bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Jip wrote: »
    you were always offered the Kitkat from the junkies who bought it just for the tinfoil.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I had a syringe put up to my neck on the Dart.

My friend had a syringe put in his leg on the Dart.

I saw a kid get beaten up on a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

we were coming back from newry with my school on the aircoach and i had to sit next to this man as there were no other seats left, he reeked of BO and halfway to dublin he started farting non-stop :mad::mad:

and i don't know if anyone else ever gets the 29A bus, but fairly regularly when i'm on it this woman, completely gone in the head, starts ranting and raving about the government having her under surveilliance and racial discrimination, picking arguments with people who are just minding their own business, last month she was upstairs and her ranting and raving made everyone go downstairs, at one point the driver came up to tell her to keep her trap shut. i do feel sorry for her because she is a bit mental but it starts to grate when you encounter her on numerous occasions and if you're hungover when she kicks off like i was last time i saw her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

we were coming back from newry with my school on the aircoach and i had to sit next to this man as there were no other seats left, he reeked of BO and halfway to dublin he started farting non-stop :mad::mad:
    Minigun style?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 starttheend

A good few years ago on 46a in Stillorgan, driver asked 4 guys who were drinking upstairs to get off the bus, as there on way down, they grabbed driver, one punched him in the back of the head(classy move!) while another kicked him in the face as he fell. They then legged it. Driver was in bits, maintains he's fine, tries to drive off a few minutes later and hits another bus driving on his outside as he pulls off. Poor guy.
    Another horror one was a junkie couple with two children sitting on their laps passing a pipe between them down back of the bus and exhaling right in kid's faces. very depressing.

Minigun style?
    must have been so the smell was there the whole journey :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Got the bus to oxegen from custom house 2 years ago. They'd obviously dragged out some cluchie because he dragged us out to templogue, where we got stuck behind a vintage car rally(!) and after about 2 hours we ended up in the city centre. People were asking the driver WTF he was doing and he kept saying stuff like I need to head back to the depot, I've been called back in. Eventually some girl had to go up to the front and direct him out of the city to Punchestown. It took about 4 hours to get there and I missed the Blizzards :(

Also the enterprise seems to know when I have only 40/50 minutes to make it across to Heuston to get the last train to Galway, and decides to break down / stop for 40 minutes without any explanation.

There was one day when it was about 20 minutes left so I had a half an hour to get across to Heuston. I debated getting a taxi but I thought as it was rush hour it was be the same length of time as the Luas but a lot more expensive. Got on the luas and after busaras stop, there was someone cleaning windows or something around there. The hose was dragged across the tracks and the luas drove over it causing it to fly about the place and hit a man in the face.
    A garda van came roaring out of nowhere (although it was near store street station) and pulled up in front of the luas and basically talked to the driver for 20 minutes, while leaving us locked on the Luas!! I was raging!!

Ok rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,863 ✭✭✭hynesie08

and i don't know if anyone else ever gets the 29A bus, but fairly regularly when i'm on it this woman, completely gone in the head, starts ranting and raving about the government having her under surveilliance and racial discrimination, picking arguments with people who are just minding their own business, last month she was upstairs and her ranting and raving made everyone go downstairs, at one point the driver came up to tell her to keep her trap shut. i do feel sorry for her because she is a bit mental but it starts to grate when you encounter her on numerous occasions and if you're hungover when she kicks off like i was last time i saw her

Wouldn't be an australian looking woman would it? I've had a fair few run ins with her myself. crazy b1tch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I hate buses, not only are they not designed for my lanky legs I always wind up on one with the psychos.

I've seen 2 scumbags kick the shìte out of another scumbag.

Was asleep on one bus only to be woken up by a drunk lad sitting across from me furiously kicking my seat, he stopped when I woke up and gave him my "sick-in-the-head" look. He started again, I roared at him and the bus driver chucked him off.

Some guy sitting 2 chairs up from me vomited on himself. I didn't hear him do it but the smell and the fact that meaty chunks were flowing down by my feet confirmed my suspicions.

A girl shìtting herself and then emptying what was left in her arse into a plastic bag :eek:

Some odd drunk guy who looked like Elvis was standing at the door of the Galway city bus singing a song and throwing shamrocks on the floor :confused:

Though I think this is the mother of all public transport horror stories:
    The incident took place near Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, during a trip from Edmonton to McLean's hometown of Winnipeg.[2] According to witnesses, McLean was sleeping with his headphones on when the man sitting next to him suddenly produced a large knife and began stabbing McLean in the neck and chest. The attacker then decapitated McLean and displayed his severed head to other passengers outside who had fled the bus in horror. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) arrested 40-year-old Vince Weiguang Li[3] soon afterward.

At 12:01 a.m. on July 30, 2008, Tim McLean, a carnival worker, was returning home to Manitoba after working at a fair in Alberta[5] . He departed Edmonton on board Greyhound bus 1170 to Winnipeg, via the Yellowhead Highway through Saskatchewan. He sat at the rear, one row ahead of the washroom. At 6:55 p.m., the bus departed from a stop in Erickson, Manitoba[6] with a new passenger, Vince Weiguang Li.[3] Li, described as a tall man in his 40s, with a shaved head and sunglasses, originally sat near the front of the bus, but moved to sit next to McLean following a scheduled rest stop. McLean "barely acknowledged" Li, then fell asleep against the window pane, headphones covering his ears.[7]

At 8:30 p.m., the RCMP in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba received a report of a stabbing on a Greyhound bus west of the city. They arrived to find the suspect still on board the bus, being prevented from escaping by another passenger, the bus driver, and a truck driver who had provided a crowbar and a hammer as weapons. The other passengers were huddled at the roadside, some of them crying and vomiting. As the suspect had earlier attempted to escape by driving the bus away, the driver had engaged the emergency immobilizer system, rendering the vehicle inoperable. Witnesses had observed the suspect stabbing and cutting McLean's body, and carrying McLean's severed head.[7]

By 9:00 p.m., police were in a standoff with the suspect and had summoned special negotiators and a heavily-armed tactical unit. The suspect taunted police, alternately pacing the length of the bus and cutting and defiling the corpse. Police officers then observed Li eating parts of the body.[6] Meanwhile, the stranded passengers were transported from the scene to be interviewed at the Brandon RCMP detachment.[7] RCMP officers reportedly heard Li say, "I have to stay on the bus forever."[6]

On July 31, 2008 at 1:30 a.m., the suspect attempted to escape from the bus by breaking through a window. He was tasered twice, handcuffed and placed in the back of a police cruiser. Parts of the victim's body, placed in plastic bags, were retrieved from the bus, while his ear, nose and tongue were found in Li's pockets. The victim's eyes and a part of his heart were never recovered and are presumed to have been eaten by the accused.[8] At 10:00 a.m., Greyhound representatives took the other passengers to a local store to replace their clothes, which remained on the bus. They arrived in Winnipeg at 3:30 p.m. that day, to be reunited with family members and friends.[7]

Imagine trying to fall asleep beside an odd guy after reading this one! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 damone

the magical 83 to crumlin 1,junkie couple blow job,2,junkie undoes his bandages off his leg,took about 4 mins due the amount of bandage ,then pulls back the huge plasters that are all over his leg cover ing the sores that are weeping like mad,turn s around with eyes half shut "lads de yis mind if i bang up here" appaling ,i wasnt really disgusted cause it was too depressing and he looked so pitious!3stopping a 13/14 year old kid get savagely kicked in the head and shoulders by another kid ,bothwearing the same school uniform and had been chatting 3 or 4 min earlier ,i swear the kicking child was frighteningly pyscotic!!

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be an australian looking woman would it? I've had a fair few run ins with her myself. crazy b1tch.
    yes, the very one, complete nutcase, she's even gone on about australia in oe or her rants

Advertisement