Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Laptop Anti Theft Alarm

Options
  • 24-12-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, hope this is the right place for this

Bought a new rock pegasus 670 there the last day. Activated the anti-theft Alarm to see what'd happen and it launched into the alarm. I tried all the default passwords that were posted on the forums on various websites like

Vestel
    ab1234 and such an such

Now it is lookin for an OEM number, this is a 25 digit number I think but only a 16 digit number fits into the field!

Help me turn this annoying alarm off!!

anybody have any idea how to fix this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

USING THE ANTI-THEFT FEATURE (OPTIONAL)
    To use the Anti-Theft feature in products which are supporting it, you have to make some changes in the System
    Bios Setup. These modifications are like below:
    After you turn on the device, while the system is booting, press the “F2” button to enter the “System

Bios Setup”. In the bios menu, under the “Security” tab, you will see the “Anti-Theft Configuration”
    option. The default selection of this option is “Disabled”. Turn it to “Enabled”.
    After you did this, you could make other settings for Anti-Theft. These are user based and are like below:
    Select “Setup Anti-Theft Configuration” in the “Sistem Bios Setup” menu and press the “Enter” button.

The default password should be entered as “Vestel”. Then you will come to the window, where you
    could change the Anti-Theft settings.
    Function Enable:
    1.1 If you select “On”, the Anti-Theft feature will be enabled, after you save the changes and exit
    the Bios Setup and reboot the device. The Anti-Theft feature will be turned on by any
    movement of the device and the system will turn to alert state.
    1.2 If you select “Off”, you could enable the Anti-Theft feature only after Windows is started. For
    this, you have two possibilities:
    1.2.1. Right click on the Anti-Theft icon on the system tray of Windows and select
    “Enable”.
    1.2.2. The second button of the hotkeys is the Anti-Theft button. Press it for 2-3
    seconds to enable the Anti-Theft feature.
    Sensitive Level:
    You could set the sensitivity of the Anti-Theft feature.
    Alarm Duration:
    You could set the alarm duration of the system, after it went to alert state.
    Alarm Delay:
    You could delay the alert state. When you do this, after the system has perceived anything which should set it to
    alert state, it will be delayed.
    Password and User Information:
    You could set a password for the Anti-Theft feature and change it whenever you want.

Hope this helps.

Also if your nickname on the Rock Forum is higgo11, then you have a reply which might help you if you haven't seen it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dotfuscator

haha. can you believe the password was "rock"???

thanks anyways, that was me on the rock website, it's just boards has a much better response time, and better answers, and i didn't want a xmas without a laptop

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Soundman wrote: »
    Also if your nickname on the Rock Forum is higgo11, then you have a reply which might help you if you haven't seen it already.

You've gotta love internet stalking. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dotfuscator

lol, indeed!!:D

• Advertisement

Stalking my backside.

Just said that I would have a look on the Rock Forum in case there was anything Higgo missed by chance and happened on that post. Saw it was identical to the one here so put two and two together. It's called Genius. :p;)

Advertisement