Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value???

Options
  • 20-12-2007 1:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭

HeY guys just looking for some advice. Was in Soundstore today trying to pick up a computer for my little bro for xmas and i came across this:

ACER LAPTOP

AMD TURION MK.36 (2.0 GHZ)
    2GB RAM/ 12OGB HARD DRIVE
    14.1" CRYSTAL BRITE SCREEN
    MULTI FORMAT DVD/CD REWRITER
    RADEON X1100 256MB GRAPHICS
    WIFI/56K MODEM/ CARD READER
    MS WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC

PRICE: €679.00

is this good value/spec for a laptop? if not can anybody suggest any alternatives?
    He needs it for running Autocad, wireless internet, watching dvds and championship manager games.
    any advice would be great!
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

This little guy is my work designated laptop. I bought it in SoundStore with my work approved cheque for the cheaper 560ish pricetag with 1GB RAM. Basically SoundStore are charging you nearly 80Euro for an extra gig of ram which is ludicrous. I bought an extra gig of memory myself from crucial.com for 30Euro. It's a pretty nifty laptop and fairly portable. As it's my work machine the only tasks it sees are Internet/Notepad/file storage etc. The cheaper model is EXACTLY the same save for the gig of RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seems quite good to me for the price considering it's 14.1". Will do everything you want it to do without any problems.

Does the 1gb model come in 1x1gb stick?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's pretty good value for a 14" laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id doubt it comes with a 1gig stick. A lot of manufacturers are trying to get rid of the 512s they stocked up on that would make Vista run like a dream on. Chances are its gonna be 2 x 512

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Mine came with a 1GB stick (I opened mine up to add the extra gig).

• Advertisement
Advertisement