Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell delivery problem?

• 20-12-2007 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Is something going on with Dell laptop delivery lately? A friend of mine ordered an XPS in October and the delivery data kept getting pushed back. When he was told that he wouldn't have it till the end of January he canceled his order.

I ordered an inspiron myself off the Dell outlet in November. The delivery date kept getting pushed back and when I rang about it yesterday they said the order had been canceled and that I'd have to ring up customer service and place the order again!

Is this common with Dell, or are both of us just unlucky!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I think it's just unlucky. One of my friend ordered one last Monday (17th) from dell outlet. For couple of days he was worried that his credit card was not charged so he may not get his delivery in time.

He called on Wed again and they said it's normal. They gave him the probable delivery date as 28/12. Yesterday (21st) he got a call from courier company that they are coming to deliver it at around 4pm and the delivery was bang on time.

His credit card only got debited today. In essence he got the delivery before his card was even charged and a lot early then the probable delivery date of 28/12.

Mon booking & Fri delivery. I was mighty impressed. Well done Dell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭mcic

If you're ordering from the Outlet you're better off calling the outlet sales line, they process the orders a lot faster than if you were to order it off the website. Just get the system identifier of what you want from the website then order it over the phone. The last few times I've ordered around 9 or 10am and the systems have either been dispatched the same evening or the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ yeah thats true.

Forgot to mention that he actually ordered by calling the outlet sales :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

I guess that's what I did wrong then - I ordered it off the website. I'll know for the next time. I'll have to do without the laptop for Christmas now anyway - I haven't been able to get through to them to un-cancel the order.
    So phone is the way to go with Dell. Cheers for that, guys.

Advertisement