Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus EEE pc, expansys

Options
  • 20-12-2007 6:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, i ordered an eeepc on expansys.ie in November and have been waiting ever since for the eee to come back into stock. However i got a mail from them this evening saying that they have received a shipment of the eeepc 700(i ordered the 701) with 512mb ram instead of the standard 256mb, they are offering it to me with an additional 2gb sd card, giving it a total hard drive space of 4gig. Should i go with it or just wait for the one i actually ordered? It is missing the webcam too.
    Cheers
    Alan,

(i know it's ultimately up to me, i just want to know what you guys think)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The extra ram is nice. Does it cost any thing extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I'm confused....

My EEE is the 701 model and it has 512mb RAM and the 4GB flash memory?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah the 701 has the 4gig of memory and 512 ram, but they're offering me a 700 with 512mb of ram already factory installed, but it only has 2gig of hard drive space. to compensate they're throwing in a 2gig sd card which would bring the total up to 4gig.

Okay, it seems that it's actually €3 more than the 701 with a webcam and 4gig of onboard harddrive i think i'm just going to be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The 700 should have 512mb as standard, they don't offer anything less. Be aware that this ram is soldered and cannot be upgraded unlike the rest of the range.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The 700 should have 512mb as standard, they don't offer anything less. Be aware that this ram is soldered and cannot be upgraded unlike the rest of the range.

Yeah. i've decided to be patient and wait for the 701. Not being able to pop more ram in would be a bit of a bitch, and 2gig of hard drive was just pathetic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement