Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aires

Options
  • 15-12-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Reading Niloc1951 about his recent adventures to Germany and the discussions that have taken place regarding issues with local councils here in Ireland w.r.t. motorhome parking set me thinking as to whether or not there should be a thread on "Aires" and motohomers experiences with them all over Europe!

Would it be worthwhile?

Any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Just for info.
    For anyone travelling via Cherbourg.
    At N49.6350044° W1.5912296° there is a large E. Leclerc supermarket which is very convenient for fuel as it has a 24/7 pump area, it also has a free Aire de Service where you can dump black and grey water and also fill up with fresh water.
    Last week their diesel was 1.129 per litre :D

Free overnight parking is available at La Cité de la Mer (the old trans Atlantic liner terminal) and also across the yacht basin near the harbour office.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

niloc1951 wrote: »

Jaysus at that price it would be nearly worth getting the ferry over to refuel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Just for info.
    For anyone travelling via Cherbourg.
    At N49.6350044° W1.5912296° there is a large E. Leclerc supermarket which is very convenient for fuel as it has a 24/7 pump area, it also has a free Aire de Service where you can dump black and grey water and also fill up with fresh water.

Free overnight parking is available at La Cité de la Mer (the old trans Atlantic liner terminal) and also across the yacht basin near the harbour office.

+1.
    I have been meaning to post the info for that one for the last while . It's about 10 minutes from the port .its the only time I brake my rule of not letting the gauge go below the 1/4 mark so we are always a bit on edge till we fill up

Advertisement