Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change GVW

Options
  • 27-11-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Just wondering if any tell me how to change my GVW from 4.6 tonne to 3.5 tonnes. Many thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just wondering if any tell me how to change my GVW from 4.6 tonne to 3.5 tonnes. Many thanks...
    I am not sure if its possible to downrate that much?
    Could be that the vehicle itself is already over 3.5t unladen, what is it?
    Have you weighed it unladen?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

It is not possible to do this with Irish regulations, however there is a company in the uk that can do it,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Pjwal wrote: »
    It is not possible to do this with Irish regulations, however there is a company in the uk that can do it,

And their certification is recognised by The RSA.

What kind of vehicle is it, if it's an original motor caravan it is unlikely that it will be possible to to bring it down so much as those with a GVW of 4,600kg are likely to weigh in the region of 3,300kg or 3,400kg when unladen and carrying nothing but a driver and one passenger would put it overweight.

If it's a panel van, doing a very lightweight conversion might allow sufficient payload to make it usable within a GVW of 3,500kg

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Your-Vehicle/Your-Vehicle-/Road-Worthiness--Related-Offences/Weights/ :(

Advertisement