Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any silhouette cameo users on here?

Options
  • 24-02-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

I have been trying for about 4 weeks to get my cameo to cut, I am just looking to see if anyone on here has used one and might be able to give me some advice

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Hi I've used a Craft Robo, are you using the software provided with the cameo?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Hi I had one of the first craft robo then a larger Graphtec cutter and a Silhouette. Never had any problems with any of them and actually am waiting on arrival of a Cameo on Monday. What issues are you having with it? If you have auto Windows updates then it can leave it not working until you update software and firmware, Found on the Graphtec site. Or ring the UK office Steve was a star, even when he told me my cutter was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Queeniestar1

For loads of help and information, there is a large forum on UKScrappers dedicated to Craft Robo, Cameo and Silhouette users:

ukscrappers.co.uk

Free to join, very friendly and helpful. I joined when I bought a Craft Robo many years ago. They will (ultimately) recommend talking to Graphtec as their customer service is reported to be excellent but the community itself has tackled every problem under the sun and am sure they will put their heads together to help you out.

Worth joining for the support even if you have got your issue(s) resolved.##

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

I am using the Cameo, so what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

hey there and thanks for the replies

The main problem is that I have only ever been able to do one cut... from about 500 attempts

I have scrolled through hours of you tube clips and forums but nothing seems to fix my problem.

Every time I got to cut, i get a "registration failed " error message, there are loads of hints on line but none of these work?

@calee, i am using the software supplied

@queeniestar, I will have a look thanks

Does anyone know of any classes in Ireland that teach you how to use it properly for basic cuts etc, or is anyone interested in a nixer

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Hi
    I had this problem using the craft robo, the registration marks are machine specific I think, try turing them off. Where about are you, I use the silhouette software, even though I have a craft robo, on a mac, the supplied graphtec for a mac never seemed to work. Are you using your own cut files or are you buying them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Check the lighting that you are working in. I've found that if I am in a dull area it tends to have issues.

The sensor works by comparing the difference in light reflected off the registration marks and the page itself. If there is a lack of light, there is not enough of a difference for the sensor to detect the marks correctly.

Also, got caught out once when I was working in landscape but put the card in portrait.

What medium are you cutting? Paper, card etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

The Craftsy website has recently added an online class for the Silhouette. I've been too busy to sign up though, so I'm not sure if the topics it covers are what you're interested in learning.

Advertisement