Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance in Ireland

Options
  • 21-02-2015 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi guys,

Hoping someone here can help me out. Myself and my girlfriend are heading back to Ireland for 3 weeks in a few months.

My girlfriend has transferred her car into her dad's name and is a named driver on the car. However, she has heard from a work colleague that she is no longer insured because she is effectively not a resident of Ireland. Does anyone know if this is true or will she still be insured when we go home?

Thanks
    Muddy Fox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

Muddy Fox wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hoping someone here can help me out. Myself and my girlfriend are heading back to Ireland for 3 weeks in a few months.

My girlfriend has transferred her car into her dad's name and is a named driver on the car. However, she has heard from a work colleague that she is no longer insured because she is effectively not a resident of Ireland. Does anyone know if this is true or will she still be insured when we go home?

Thanks
    Muddy Fox

ring the insurance company and let them know there is a change in particulars.
    It should be no problem as long as they know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

My wife has had her US aunt as a named driver for years, her aunt hasn't been an Irish resident for four decades.

Advertisement