Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can you buy Irish BF4 servers?

Options
  • 07-08-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I've looked on battlelog and I've only seen one Irish BF4 server. Any ideas where you buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

GS540 wrote: »
    I've looked on battlelog and I've only seen one Irish BF4 server. Any ideas where you buy them?

You can choose to rent a server from the main menu for up to 3 months. I think you have to be a premium member as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GS540

You can choose to rent a server from the main menu for up to 3 months. I think you have to be a premium member as well.

oops. Should have mentioned I'm on the PC version. sorry!

oops. Should have mentioned I'm on the PC version. sorry!

Ah, I'm but a simple console peasant :). Quick Google came up with Gameservers.com, not sure if that's helpful or not.

Ah, I'm but a simple console peasant :). Quick Google came up with Gameservers.com, not sure if that's helpful or not.

haha! yeah I've googled almost all the PC server suppliers and none of them mention Ireland as a server location :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Any particular reason it needs to be located in Ireland? Ping times to the UK are essentially indistinguishable.

• Advertisement

Any particular reason it needs to be located in Ireland? Ping times to the UK are essentially indistinguishable.

none at all really. I'd just like to know where I would buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

none at all really. I'd just like to know where I would buy them.

I briefly had an Irish CS server many moons ago but I can't for the life of me remember who I rented it from, sorry. They'd probably be gone at this stage anyway.

haha! yeah I've googled almost all the PC server suppliers and none of them mention Ireland as a server location :(

As far as I remember, some of us PS4 guys rented a server and it was originally hosted out of Ireland. When DICE upgraded their servers just after the whole Naval Strike debacle however, it was shifted to Amsterdam for stability I think. I may have got the details mixed up but I think I recall it correctly.
    I couldn't imagine hosting the server in England for example would make a huge difference but if you're set on Ireland them maybe try ask some of the GaelLords lads, one of them could probably help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I'm 99% sure there are no Irish BF4 server providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Make sure ta link us when you get a server going GS.

• Advertisement

The Red wrote: »
    Make sure ta link us when you get a server going GS.

I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The IP of the server is German: http://whois.domaintools.com/62.104.178.149

You can set the "country" of your server in the control panel of the server, wherever you buy one.

The IP of the server is German: http://whois.domaintools.com/62.104.178.149

You can set the "country" of your server in the control panel of the server, wherever you buy one.

ahhhh It all makes sense now! thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

EA restricts BF server providers to a certain few hosters so there are limited options. There were some Irish servers for PC a while ago but they were official EA servers so perhaps they were being hosted in Galway or Dublin. It was nice to get ~10ms ping for a change :)

Titanfall uses Microsoft's Cloud server system called Azure which has a location in Dublin so perhaps EA will use them again in the future. I got some great pings playing that game too.

Advertisement