Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cardboard needed

• 19-02-2015 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi, I need to know where can I get some cardboard, for free.
    I am doing some decorated cookies for a charity sale, and I want to make some boxes to display them.
    I was thinking something like a picnic basket.
    I need to find the template yet.But first I need to know if i can get the cardboard somewhere.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Doubt it tbh, mainly because you could not be sure it would be clean. A pack of A4 craft card would cost about €4, you would have loads of card in pretty colours and it would be hygienic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 anonymus1268

Thanks but I would need something bigger than a4 for the template. And thinking it is for a charity I think 4 euro would be too much to spend. I was more thinking about recycling
    looksee wrote: »
    Doubt it tbh, mainly because you could not be sure it would be clean. A pack of A4 craft card would cost about €4, you would have loads of card in pretty colours and it would be hygienic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Just came across this on the main page, why don't you just try shops/cafes? Do you need blank boxes or does it even matter? A bakery cafe may be able to supply some cake boxes they dont need. Line them with food wrap if worried about the cleanliness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Recycling centres will have cardboard

Do you know if recycling centres charge something if I go to get some cardboard?
    Red Hare wrote: »
    Recycling centres will have cardboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

No they don't charge at all - at least the ones I have ever used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I presume that you'll be telling those buying the cookies that they've been sitting for a couple of hours on cardboard picked up at the recycling centre/tip?!

Pop into your local bakery, see if they'll donate a couple of cake boxes. Or factor in the price of a few boxes into your cookie prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

In Lidl I often use the empty cardboard trays/boxes used to hold loose tomatoes to carry my shopping. They're very rigid and could suit what you need. They'd be fairly easy to decorate - you could paint/decorate the outsides and line with crepe paper (or something similar).

Well, all my cookies go in individual transparent cellophane bags. The cardboard was meant to make a crafty box to transport them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i usually cover the small veg boxes from the supermarket, they are really strong and they stack.

i have a book of box templates, if you do end up getting a bit of 180gsm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement