Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Credit Card on 417?

• 23-02-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know of a bank that offers this in Australia?
    I have 10k savings and a steady stream of income with NAB but they refused me.
    I just want it for booking flights, concerts etc.

Thanks MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Hi

Does anyone know of a bank that offers this in Australia?
    I have 10k savings and a steady stream of income with NAB but they refused me.
    I just want it for booking flights, concerts etc.

Thanks MM

A debit card account will allow you to book things online. Any bank will give you one of those.

Banks, insurance companies, and most financial institutions are very sketchy on giving credit to anyone that isn't a permanent resident.

Same globally.

If you're desperate to have a credit card for some reason, Irish ones work here. Also, you can get a prepaid card in any post office in Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

I got a credit card with CBA when I was on a 417 and the process was straight forward, applied online and had it within the week.

The expiry date was the month before my 417 was to expire but that was back in early 2012 so not sure if the banks have tightened since then.

I have gotten two more (CBA and Amex with my work) since I got my 457 and never had any problems with the applications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yep just get Prepaid Visa card and load up with BPAY from your bank account, otherwise a Debit car linked to your bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

thanks for the replies.

CBA approved within 15 minutes and with $100 cashback.
    Don't really want to touch savings as my interest % goes down quite a bit so prepaid isn't suitable.

Advertisement