Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Severe probs with age of mythology/bf1942/simcity4

Options
  • 18-01-2003 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

This is really doing my effing head in...whenever I play any of these games,It'd work like fine,then suddenly the sound would stop and the monitor would go black (although it wouldnt turn off), its completly locked up and I have to reset it.

I just spend €250 on a gf4ti4200, so I hope to god its not probs with that. Im on an XP2000+ with 512DDR if that makes any difference.

Somebody help me,this is doin me head in..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Maybe over heating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got latest drivers ?

I have the above games with G3 ti 500 and 4109 drivers and its fine.

But BF is barely playable if i have the sound set higher than 16khz

KdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

defintly not overheating, and im using the 40.72 dets..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I had a similar problem when a couple of years back i upgraded to the then great card Geforce 2 gts.
    Couldnt figure it out until i noticed i didnt un-install drivers for older voodoo 3 card before i installed geforce drivers .
    What gfx card had u got in your machine before the geforce4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Do you have something like Asusprobe which can tell you exactly what temp you're using from your amd cpu? Sounds very similar to problems I ran into when I tried overclocking my cpu. Another possiblity is that part of your ram is damaged, when your cpu tries to access that particular part of ram it causes everything to crash. Try running at a lower cpu clock to see if its the heat problem and try swapping out your mem sticks to see if that fixes the problem. Also shinji maybe you should move this to the tech board more people with the knowledge to help read that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement