Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irelands Rappers? :p

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

These guys should be lined up against a wall and shot in all honesty,they contribute nothing to society.Bloody chav scum !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

No Irish rap thread would be complete without a song about schnakin' out the back door after ridin' a minger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I am Super-Rush and i'm ab AH mod.
    Sometimes i like to think i'm bigger than god.
    With my mod techniques, i continue to surge.
    With a click of a button i make threads merge.

yer poxy rap makes me want to purge! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Festy wrote: »
    These guys should be lined up against a wall and shot in all honesty,they contribute nothing to society.Bloody chav scum !

Somebody doesn't like Irish rappers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Bambi wrote: »
    Straight outta Crumlin

Crumlin produces quality not gobshïtes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Suceed

'Mixtapes from the Underground' were pretty groovy at Body and Soul.

This is the best recording I could find..... (starts about 8:30)

http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#!rii=23%3A3258846%3A10031%3A15%2D04%2D2012%3A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Does Des Bishop count as an Irish rapper, or a rapper in Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The rapping horse was good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Does Des Bishop count as an Irish rapper, or a rapper in Irish?

He counts as number 3 on the list of people we want to shoot, after Bono and whoever is number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

In a strange statistical anomaly, bono is number 1 and 2. Might have to shoot him twice, sanctimonious midget cock smoker:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Maverick Sabre is not mocked on in the UK.

Neither is Rob Kelly, in UK or the US.

Or MJEX collaborating with C-Rayz Walz or Nu-Centz with Lupe.

Give it time when more of them start getting more well known they will hop on the bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It also produces furious little lads who are not au fait with the back catalogue of that renowned group of recording artistes, NWA. Which is a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Or MJEX collaborating with C-Rayz Walz or Nu-Centz with Lupe.

Give it time when more of them start getting more well known they will hop on the bandwagon.

True...it takes time for people to get used to it and not just laugh when they hear it. I like the one I quoted there....

scdublin wrote: »
    True...it takes time for people to get used to it and not just laugh when they hear it. I like the one I quoted there....

Like us playing soccer or cricket or most things yeah it will take time.

Dropkick Murphys forced him to take it down as he did not clear the sample, even though it was a free song and they "sampled" the traditional song itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've no problem with lads doing this as a hobby or even professionally if they can make a living at it.

I have a *massive* problem with the likes of yer man Redzer on that program who wouldn't get a job so he could chase his dream of being a rapper while signing on. Want to chase your dreams? Fair play, just don't expect me to pay for it just because I'm more in touch with reality than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

davet82 wrote: »
    i cant believe they showed this on bbc...

it's on again 4/5 more times too.

it's the same program repeated though not a series, which is a shame.

Sleepy wrote: »
    I've no problem with lads doing this as a hobby or even professionally if they can make a living at it.

I have a *massive* problem with the likes of yer man Redzer on that program who wouldn't get a job so he could chase his dream of being a rapper while signing on. Want to chase your dreams? Fair play, just don't expect me to pay for it just because I'm more in touch with reality than you.

You don't know his circumstances (and neither do I), he is very much entitled to JSA and to rap or do pottery or whatever he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Bambi wrote: »
    Straight outta Crumlin

produced me anyhow.

\m/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Festy wrote: »
    Don't, whatever you do, do that! Being shot (and killed) is the Holy Grail for aspiring rappers, before you know it the industry will be swamped with 'Irish 2pac' rip-offs.

Laryngectomies all round, a better plan - that way only my eyes will bleed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Lia_lia wrote: »

Love that.
    Those kids are f*ckin' great.
    Have the balls to actually do/produce something and put it out there.
    Actually sounds quite good too and some of the rhymes/flow are 'daycent'.
    Fair play to these kids.
    Bravo.

ascanbe wrote: »
    Love that.
    Those kids are f*ckin' great.
    Have the balls to actually do/produce something and put it out there.
    Actually sounds quite good too and some of the rhymes/flow are 'dacent'.
    Fair play to these kids.
    Bravo.

ascobe? :D one on the left looks like Plug fro the bash street kids

Doing nursery rhymes from the mouth and producing it to YouTube gets a big meh from me. Not quite the well mixed demo of honest musicality I'd come accustomed to in my youth but how and ever... ere we have these little poets. Street shamans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

I wouldn't be into this stuff but spent the last hour and a half listening to bits and pieces in here. A lot better than I expected. Thanks for the lynx hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The Irish accent isn't made for rap/hip hop. It makes my face turn inside out from cringing when I hear it.

Putting on a hoodie, a sullen look and bouncing your head to some cheap software produced beats doesn't make you 'gangsta' either. You grew up with your mammy and daddy, probably played GAA, maybe (maaaaaaaybe) had a fight outside of a chipper once when you were in secondary school and the closest you've come to anything more violent is playing CoD on your xbox. Very ghetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Some irish rappers sh*te just started on BBC3.

Cringe-worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Just about to post it's back up B.A.

It's the same thing on as the other night I think.

They're doing our nation proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just about to post it's back up B.A.

It's the same thing on as the other night I think.

They're doing our nation proud.

Its something else, isnt it :pac:

Its all s*ite. Just a bunch of skangers playing rapper.
    Sure lets take one bloke on it, "redzer" (:pac:) In his 30s. On the dole. got a girl, who is 21, pregnant. Living with his mate.... but hold it, the twist is ... he is a rapper!!!! :pac:

BBC can't get enough uh..

Right. That Nike emblem won't look so present correct when it's stained with their blood keep on bearing the three-striped branding of a disenfranchised braindead jakey, neds.. so i know what to scoop up and dispose of. The true Dogg pound is in effect and I'll issue a storm warning: Never; bottle it n blend in, kids. Lest i take you for yet another one. Time to polish off teh ould emerald.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

watching it right now. they are brutal but fair play to them for having a go. Yer man getting kicked out by his ma was gas....I can see Tupac having the same conversation with his moma at the start of his career....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Temper-Mental MissElayneous is a ride

Advertisement