Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation for Existing Students Date?

• 18-03-2015 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone happen to know, roughly when the offers are made to existing students with regards to accommodation?

Surprising that there is a lack of clarity on TCD's behalf, usually they are so on top of things, and liaise with students throughout every step of the way haha.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Depends what round you get them in.

I got notified 29 May last year that I didn't get it. Then put on waiting list in August. Then was getting nearly weekly emails of rejection for each round of offer and final got it on the Friday of Freshers week. I was going into SS and first time applying for rooms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

Cheers for the reply.

Can I ask were you applying for campus?

Yup applied on Campus. Got GMB in the end.

You got GMB in SS?.

Sorry to be asking you these questions, not sure if you'll have any insight.

If you apply for a preferred room on campus, but don't get it, will you get a place in halls? Or is it a all or nothing type of deal?

Cheers again

Yes. GMB is mostly schols and exchange students but I managed to get it. Botany Bay tends to be sports teams.

What do you mean by preferred room?

• Advertisement

When you are sending in the application, for a room, one of the questions is my preferred residences is x,y,z. Campus, or trinity hall?

If you say went for GMB, but didnt get it, would you have been offered a place in Trinity hall, or would you know?

When you are sending in the application, for a room, one of the questions is my preferred residences is x,y,z. Campus, or trinity hall?

If you say went for GMB, but didnt get it, would you have been offered a place in Trinity hall, or would you know?

Not sure to be honest. Halls seems to be mainly first years. I selected campus. Not sure if goldsmith is lumped in with campus or separate.

Yeah, just dont want to be f*&ked come september, That is what i love about TCD though, they are so transparent!

Have you asked them? Might be an idea if you would consider halls.

Just bear in mind accommodation is very limited in campus

I know accomadation is very limited on campus!

I would consider halls, I dont have a choice.. What I want to know, is if you dont get campus, will you get an offer of halls?

• Advertisement

I know accomadation is very limited on campus!

I would consider halls, I dont have a choice.. What I want to know, is if you dont get campus, will you get an offer of halls?

Not guaranteed. Not sure if they give out campus first then do halls. Give them a ring or email. They're really friendly in there

sarcasm?

sarcasm?

About what?

They're genuinely really helpful and sound in the accommodation office.

Thats surprising, usually my dealings with any trinity staff is icy.. ah well ill give them a shout.

what do you think of the chances of getting halls in 3rd year? good, bad, indifferent?

Have to say my interactions with trinity staff have been mostly positive. Security, housekeeping, medical centre, accommodation centre, pav are all dead on. Few bad eggs obviously.

Chances are slim. Demand far outstrips supply. Schols are moving to halls as well as far as I know. On campus tends to be final year

Advertisement