Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing PostgresQL /pgadmin3 on ubuntu

Options
  • 30-01-2015 6:51pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to do this for several hours and each time I try I end up further and further from what I'm trying to do.

First up I got it installed from the command line in seconds and configured a password. However, pgadmin would not let me set up a server as it rejected my password every time. I tried changing it three times but it just wasn't having any of it. I wiped everything and started again. Same thing. On the third attempt things started to get worse and no amount of googling the various errors brought any resolution.

On a new clean install now and I'm stuck at this stage:
    postgresql postgresql-contrib installed

createdb gives me Error: You must install at least one postgresql-client-<version> package.
    postgresql-client-9.3 is installed

Any quick and easy steps to completely clean this up and start afresh with a working postgres server and create a database? This should be trivial but at every step I get insoluble errors.

Advertisement