Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

big abng theoy on e4 idgiver sheldon one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

IvySlayer wrote: »
    big abng theoy on e4 idgiver sheldon one :D

I'm quoting all of these so you can't delete them tomorrow! haha

fatgher ted on mroe4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sky Sports are saying a deal for Powell is 90% done, should be a United player soon enough. Talk of him being loaned out for next season, either to Crewe or to a Championship side.

I would, kind of, like him to stay at United for at least the first few months if we did sign him, with the potential for Carling Cup games, may late mins in the CL (if we don't fuk up like last season) and some PL minutes - along with training with the United players daily, and then seeing how things stand in January. Given that he can play as an AMC or a forward, and with Will Keane out for at least the first half of the season, I think it would be a smart move to play it that way. I do, however, see that getting him consistent first team football will be of benefit to him as well.

Still, nothing done yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I would be disappointed if we loaned him out tbh. I suppose if we wrap it up quickly then him going on loan will depend on how pre-season goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Keep him till Jan get a look at him in reserves and Carling Cup Capital One Cup then send him on loan .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Looks promising, good strike of the ball also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I'd be for loaning Powell straight out.

Hes just had a season of regular football in League Two and rumours are he will be loaned to Peterborough Utd which would be a nice test to see if he can shine in the Championship which is a significant jump from League Two.

If all goes well he would come back to Utd as a 19 year old whos had two seasons of regular football and more experience to deal with the step up to PL level football.

Nah keep him here when we sign him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'd like to keep him till January and then send him on loan personally if it doesn't look like he is going to get any opportunities (real opportunities) next season, if we could give him some game time in the first team up until then it would benefit him greatly, then send him on loan for the rest of the season, he does still need to be playing consistently, but at a higher level then League Two I feel to develop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Sky Sports are saying a deal for Powell is 90% done, should be a United player soon enough. Talk of him being loaned out for next season, either to Crewe or to a Championship side.
    The move away from Crewe would be final for Powell, with Davis ruling out the prospect of an immediate loan return being part of any transfer deal.

He added: "One thing I can confirm is that he won't be coming back here on loan.

"That wouldn't be part of it because we want to bring in a replacement of our own and give our own players, such as (fellow England Under-18 orward) Max Clayton, a chance."

So it's safe to say Crewe is out of equation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd be quietly pleased with our summer business so far when/if Kagawa & Powell have officially signed on the dotted line.

An out and out quality CM, and a left footed LB to provide competition for Evra would definitely have us looking in great shape for next season.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I'm quoting all of these so you can't delete them tomorrow! haha

Heh, and it's against Boards rules to posts PMs without prior permission, remember that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Debussy for France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Debussy for France.

Debuchy of Lille.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So it's safe to say Crewe is out of equation.

Makes sense, though another league 1 or 2 side may take him.

Rather he went to either a top League 1 side or a Championship team then go near League two, dont really want him in League one if Im honest

Would a championship side take him being so inexperienced?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Eathrin wrote: »
    Would a championship side take him being so inexperienced?

Some ex ManUtd player will become manage championship team and he will take or Fergie Jr will be interested as always. :D

Do Peterborough have any of our players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Eathrin wrote: »
    Do Peterborough have any of our players?

they had tunnicliffe and wooton on loan last season.

Hull City could be another good option with bruce now in charge - Brady was on loan there last season and was a key player for them.

Where ever he is loaned out, we just have to make sure that team actually needs an attacking midfielder - all well and good putting them with a manager you know but pointless if that team doesn't actually need them.

they had tunnicliffe and wooton on loan last season.

Hull City could be another good option with bruce now in charge - Brady was on loan there last season and was a key player for them.

Where ever he is loaned out, we just have to make sure that team actually needs an attacking midfielder - all well and good putting them with a manager you know but pointless if that team doesn't actually need them.

This, I was going to say this, no point in sending him somewhere he will be played all over the place or warm the bench a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just read that Dzagoev of Russia is available on a free in December,looks like a decent player.Only problem is that now we have Kagawa where would we fit him into the team?

zerks wrote: »
    Just read that Dzagoev of Russia is available on a free in December,looks like a decent player.Only problem is that now we have Kagawa where would we fit him into the team?

Should put a bid in, could be gotten cheap, he's young and very promising too.

No doubt he could play a lot of games for us, our rotation system last season saw the likes of Rafael and Park in centre mid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Debuchy of Lille.

We need a LB not a RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

We need a LB not a RB.

oh really? could have sworn we didn't have a proper right back since 2007.

please don't say jones or rafael.

Leftist wrote: »
    oh really? could have sworn we didn't have a proper right back since 2007.

please don't say jones or rafael.

Raf - good right back
    Smalling - good at right back
    Fabio - good at right back
    Jones - good at right back
    Valencia - fills in adequately at right back

Nope, we are fine at right back, Raf being a very good one at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

We need a LB not a RB.

As was shown by Evra's foul for the England goal. Missed the second half. Chance he might be dropped. Wouldn't surprise me if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

We need a LB not a RB.

United need both. The twins are not up to it. And probably never will be. They've been there long enough. Debuchy looked great.

• Advertisement

United need both. The twins are not up to it. And probably never will be. They've been there long enough. Debuchy looked great.

Have to disagree with you on the twins

Watching the match though so no time to debate with you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement