Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good USB car charger

Options
  • 01-09-2014 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

Patww79 wrote: »
    Wasn't sure where to put this but I presume some users would have bought these over time.

I'm looking to hardwire in a permanent charger to my car for the phone, which will consist of a new 12V socket with a USB car charger in it hidden behind the dash and a cable coming out to a dock. Can anyone advise on the best charger to get? Most of them don't give the required 1A as advertised and give a low charge warning on the phone, but there must be some out there that do. Alternatively, would I be better going for one of the 2.1A ones or would this damage the battery over time through quick charging? Cheers.
    I bought banker car charger with 2A for my HTC one and it charges my phone faster than other charges I have used.I got that from Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I have one of these hardwired and buried in my dash at the moment.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/tomtom-announces-3-in-1-car-charger

I got it in PC World for about 15 quid. The fast charge port charges my HTC one m8, fully in about an hour. Excellent piece of kit and pretty easy to hardwire in if your anyway handy at that kinda thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

If you don't end up going down the hardwire mode I got one of these two weeks ago and I'm amazed at how fast it charges. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KHQV6WI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Advertisement