Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity College Registration

Options
  • 19-08-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I accepted my offer for a course in Trinity College, I got an e-mail from them yesterday with login details for mytcd.ie.. Now after I login it says the course that I got and it says ''Waiting for response''.. It has been like this for a day and I am thinking why hasnt it changed..
    Does anybody else have this problem?
    Also do you have to add documents to support your application??
    cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

There's been a bit of chat about this in the TCD forum, everyone's in the same boat it seems. No sign yet of any opportunity to apply for residence in Halls either.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yulkmn

There's been a bit of chat about this in the TCD forum, everyone's in the same boat it seems. No sign yet of any opportunity to apply for residence in Halls either.

Thanks for the reply, would you have a link to the tcd forum?

My mistake, I thought I was in the Leaving Cert forum for a second. Check the accomodation sticky! I'd say we'll just have to wait a few days for the dust to settle and let them get organised for us. What are you going to study? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Don't hold your breaths waiting for any responses from Trinity, they're not that well organised with their registration, particularly if you're doing a smaller course (distinctly remember larger courses like TSM, BESS, Law, getting registered long before me). Got physiotherapy there last year (only about 40 places, so they don't really prioritise it) and I was up the walls waiting for registration confirmation, thought I'd never get into first year! It all comes through in the end, though, just make sure you read all the instructions thoroughly. And, welcome to Trinity! :D

My mistake, I thought I was in the Leaving Cert forum for a second. Check the accomodation sticky! I'd say we'll just have to wait a few days for the dust to settle and let them get organised for us. What are you going to study? :D

you're probably right, they probably have to much work on there hands right now.
    medicinal chemistry, you?

• Advertisement

I read another post somewhere as well that said they can be slow to send letters and the like so I doubt much will happen for a few days now. This Leaving Cert craic is just one wait after another!

Got accepted to study Law, can't wait!

I read another post somewhere as well that said they can be slow to send letters and the like so I doubt much will happen for a few days now. This Leaving Cert craic is just one wait after another!

Got accepted to study Law, can't wait!

You're right on that one haha.
    and sounds good congrats. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

Hola, everyone. :)

I was just wondering if anyone else is having difficulty logging into my.tcd.ie for the first time? I got the email from the Provost saying "log in using the number in the top right corner of this email and your date of birth as the password", but when I tried that, it says that they are "invalid".

Do I have to wait for another email from the Medical faculty before I can log in?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 claireon

Hey, I haven't received any email from Trinity at all yet and I accepted my offer at around 6:20 am yesterday. Is this unusual/ is anyone else in the same boat?

Thank you in advance!

claireon wrote: »
    Hey, I haven't received any email from Trinity at all yet and I accepted my offer at around 6:20 am yesterday. Is this unusual/ is anyone else in the same boat?

Thank you in advance!

Might be a case of the school that administers your course hasn't gotten round to approving your acceptance of the offer? If you don't hear anything from them by, say, Thursday, perhaps contact them directly. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 YMAT64EVA

Hey guys,
    Incoming med student here, just wondering about a few things
    1) Do we just show up to the events on our Orientation week timetable (course meeting, campus tours etc.) at the locations on the timetable?
    2) Do we get our timetables when we register?
    3) Do I have to bring Garda vetting forms to the college in person or can I post them or what?
    4) What should the contents of the welcome letter/pack thing be because the letter mentioned registration dates and I didn't seem to have any dates on any of the documents I got?

Apologies if any of these questions seem profoundly stupid, I'm the oldest in my family and have basically no experience of how university works.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

YMAT64EVA wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    1) Do we just show up to the events on our Orientation week timetable (course meeting, campus tours etc.) at the locations on the timetable?
    3) Do I have to bring Garda vetting forms to the college in person or can I post them or what?
    4) What should the contents of the welcome letter/pack thing be because the letter mentioned registration dates and I didn't seem to have any dates on any of the documents I got?

Apologies if any of these questions seem profoundly stupid, I'm the oldest in my family and have basically no experience of how university works.

Hi, I am also an incoming med student.

1) I had planned on just showing up... What else would we do?

2) Not sure about timetables sorry, maybe someone else can answer that.

3) On the garda vetting application form, at the top of the first page, you'll find the address to post them back to once you've filled them out.

4) From what I've heard / been told we don't need to worry about registration just yet. There are a lot of students to process and it can take a while. It seems to be a question incoming students have every year.

YMAT64EVA wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm a Med too! Feel free to PM and say hi!

1) Just show up. All of us are in that same, unsure boat.

2) I read somewhere online (can't remember where, might have been an email from TCD) that the timetable will be available on the MyTCD portal thing shortly.

3) I asked friends in other universities about the vetting and they seem to reckon that once it's done within the first month of college, all will be well. You can ask about it during orientation. Same goes for vaccinations.

4) I would imagine that once the admin have gathered all the accepted offers we'll be invited to register.

Get used to inefficient admin--it's part of the whole university experience. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 heyimbrendan

Hey I'm a first year BESS student and I am wondering how do I register ? I am online on my.tcd.ie but on the actual tcd website it says i would have filled in a Registration form, which i have not done yet and can't do ? is there any help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

You'll get an email when you're able to register. I'm a returning student and only got my email earlier today, it'll probably take a bit longer for new students.

sorry but on mytcd.ie it says Unconditional Offer - Accepted Firmly what does this mean?

Has anyone else noticed that when they log into MyTCD, set their password, security questions, etc., log out and then try to log back in a few hours later that their username and password is considered "invalid"?

I contacted the computer genies and they reset my password, it worked this morning, but now it's back to saying it's "invalid". :/

Hi pourquoi, I have been logging in and out of my.tcd with no problems today? Any idea when registration for jf medicine opens? :)

Hmm. I'll contact computer services again.

No idea when it opens. We're still a month(ish) away from starting, so I'm not overly worried right now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭booblefoop

Yulkmn wrote: »
    sorry but on mytcd.ie it says Unconditional Offer - Accepted Firmly what does this mean?

I think it just means TCD have received confirmation from the CAO that you've accepted your offer, mine says the same thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

is registration still not open or am i missing something?

is registration still not open or am i missing something?

It opens course by course. You'll get an email telling you when to log in and register. I still haven't received an email either, it can take a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭comeclosa

It opens course by course. You'll get an email telling you when to log in and register. I still haven't received an email either, it can take a few weeks.

Just as an FYI- last year the 1st meds were able to register on the Friday or Saturday before freshers week. So don't despair if it you can't register for another 2-3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hello96

Have ye received e-mails yet?!

hello96 wrote: »
    Have ye received e-mails yet?!

not one! what course are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hello96

Me neither! Law and French! U?

hello96 wrote: »
    Me neither! Law and French! U?

straight law! hopefully we'll hear something this week

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jamas

Hi.
    When I look at my fees statement they hae me down as having done first year before so they want to charge me fees. I have sent them back a form explaining that I have not. I did defer a place before and that may be causing the confusion. Anyway, Oand am waiting for them to get back to me.
    The question that I can't find the answer to is when the deadline for paying fees / registration is for BESS. Apologies if I am just blind and have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jamas

Found the deadline for fees buried in an email as 10 days after the date on the email inviting you to register. So thats 13 Sep for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement