Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Wear Watches hit the Google Play Store...Ireland too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

talla wrote: »
    I havent noticed any lag but I've nothing to compare it to.
    The only issues I've had is just down to the android wear software itself and some inconstancies in how some apps behave
    e.g. some notifications have additional actions - whats app you can view messages on the moto 360 but Viber you can't - just an option to open on your phone.
    MMS pictures are displayed on the moto 360, whats app doesn't display images etc.
    Controlling Spotify / PocketCasts works flawlessly.
    I have had some issues with google now, if it doesn't recognise a term it appears to hang google now and it eventually comes up that the watch is offline - the strange this is if i try the search on my phone immediately afterwards, google now is also offline.
    Everything seems to reset itself a couple of seconds later.

I have actually noticed google now is behaving like that on my phone and I don't have a smart watch. If it doesn't understand something you say it hangs for about 20-30 seconds. So maybe it's a recent update to google now as opposed to the smart watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah well, he wasn't able to pick it up for me. I'll keep an eye out for when it goes on sale here instead.

Bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Ah well, he wasn't able to pick it up for me. I'll keep an eye out for when it goes on sale here instead.

Bugger!

He will be getting all the smelly jobs now :D

Rumours abound that the UK will see the Moto 360 released today

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

Yup, looks like UK O2 stores might be the only place that has them today. Amazon have it listed but only available via a 3rd party seller and it doesn't dispatch until Nov 1st :(

smackyB wrote: »
    Yup, looks like UK O2 stores might be the only place that has them today. Amazon have it listed but only available via a 3rd party seller and it doesn't dispatch until Nov 1st :(

I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of the dates are placeholder dates. My only real annoyance with this whole thing is just how bloody quiet Motorola is being about this.

Just tried ringing O2 store in Belfast to see if they had any stock but nothing doing, they had no idea when it would be arriving.

People in the UK that O2 now have them in stock and they have collected their pre-orders.

O2 UK selling Black Moto 360

Officially on sale in the UK now, so far in Black only. My fiancée is from the UK, so I may ask if her father or brother can pick one up for me.

Selling for £199.99, which converts to about €255. Not sure if it can be Parcel Motel'd or similar.

To the best of my knowledge, networks here will not be selling it in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Not sure if it can be Parcel Motel'd or similar.
    You can, it's a UK address so will work fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Very interesting and informative review here for anyone ready to pull the trigger.
    I think I'm gonna hold off for the Gear S.
    http://www.androidpit.com/motorola-moto-360-review
    Sorry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Very interesting and informative review here for anyone ready to pull the trigger.
    I think I'm gonna hold off for the Gear S.

Link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Moto 360 now being sold in the UK by O2. £199.99 so it's pretty much "confirmed" that it will be €249.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tablets/moto/360-black/

EDIT: I did not scroll up! :rolleyes:

advertsfox wrote: »
    You can, it's a UK address so will work fine.

Loads of people saying that's now working for them.

Here's the link I referred to, apologies. http://www.androidpit.com/motorola-moto-360-review

• Advertisement

Here's the link I referred to, apologies. http://www.androidpit.com/motorola-moto-360-review

Do keep in mind the battery issue seems to be sorted forth 360 with the latest software update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I think I'll be asking for this from Santa Claus.
    I've already got a pebble which I love, but will keep it as I don't want to go running with the 360. It's too nice to drown it in my sweat :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Have been using an LG G Watch for the past few days and have to say I am pretty impressed with it. Stops me from constantly checking my phone while I'm at my desk all day, is great for controlling music and I can see many good use cases for it developing, pretty good for a first gen device and software.

Battery hasn't gone below 60% after a days use either (8:00am - 11:00pm)

Now available via John Lewis who offer much better delivery options compared to o2. Think I'm gonna hold out for the silver option though!

Jesus lads, it's actually killing me. Literally killing me. No exaggeration.

:pac:

No but seriously, I can order and get the Black one by the middle of next week, or hold off until the Silver is available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Dammit Google, release it already! Still undecided between Black and Silver too, and will probably just get on Google Play whenever it does release.

For now though, I don't mind as I've not gotten all the money together yet ;)

Has anybody seen any launch info for the Asus Zenwatch ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Any consensus on when these will drop in price? €150 is the most I'd want to pay for such an impulse buy! Really like what I've seen online about Wear, but just can't justify the price atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Any consensus on when these will drop in price? €150 is the most I'd want to pay for such an impulse buy! Really like what I've seen online about Wear, but just can't justify the price atm.

Drop???
    The Moto 360 is only just available. You'll most likely have to wait till the next gen get released next year before price drops

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Drop???
    The Moto 360 is only just available. You'll most likely have to wait till the next gen get released next year before price drops

I know the 360 is just out, but I'm thinking of the g watch. Surely that's due some sort of drop soon? When the round version comes out, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

I know the 360 is just out, but I'm thinking of the g watch. Surely that's due some sort of drop soon? When the round version comes out, maybe?

Which is 3 months old

I imagine LG and Samsung will lower theirs not long after Christmas. LG have already confirmed the launch of a new device as a follow up, and Samsung undoubtedly have about 50 variations to release this year.

LG's G Watch R looks amazing. It must have hidden the screen drivers under the bezel so looks a lot nicer than the Moto 360.

lg-watch.0.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/8/6944273/lgs-g-watch-r-is-the-most-expensive-android-wear-watch-yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

LG's G Watch R looks amazing. It must have hidden the screen drivers under the bezel so looks a lot nicer than the Moto 360.

lg-watch.0.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/8/6944273/lgs-g-watch-r-is-the-most-expensive-android-wear-watch-yet

Its out there with the ugliest of smart watches, it looks like a cheap watch from the argos watch basket.

But beauty is subjective.

By the way that high bezel exists in production model. Good luck with that not annoying you as you swipe the screen.

The LG Watch R looks awful in real life, the render makes it look much better than it actually is. Real shame.

I have the LG G watch and get 3 days out of the battery. For example I took it off charge this morning at 8am and its still got 93% left. Really impressed with the battery life, if they can get it up to a week while improving the software and screens then I think we're in for some really great second/third gen devices.

• Advertisement

I've just looked at a few videos of it and I still love the look of it.
    Think it would be a bit more robust that the 360 with the protruding bezel.

Will wait and see what the CPU specs are & what battery life is like before I decide what I want to put my money on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think the zen watch looks very nice lads. Not released until next month but I reckon it could be the best of the lot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Think the zen watch looks very nice lads. Not released until next month but I reckon it could be the best of the lot.

I want that and putting s few Bob away every week towards it. I cant wait.

listermint wrote: »
    Its out there with the ugliest of smart watches, it looks like a cheap watch from the argos watch basket.

But beauty is subjective.

By the way that high bezel exists in production model. Good luck with that not annoying you as you swipe the screen.

I with you on this. I actually think the bezel looks good with the watchface shown in the picture, as it suits that pilot/military look. But I think with other watchfaces the bezel could look gammy.

G watch has dropped to $149 in the states. Still €199 in play store. Bound to drop soon. What's a fair price for one on adverts atm? The 170-180 being sought seems high.

G watch has dropped to $149 in the states. Still €199 in play store. Bound to drop soon. What's a fair price for one on adverts atm? The 170-180 being sought seems high.

I got mine brand new for 180 euro on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It's €170 delivered at ie.mobilefun.com, anyone ever dealt with them before?

mcgovern wrote: »
    Only €156 on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LB2ZQ3C?cache=8f75ca7016475b3889875e7fa8962240&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1413189624&sr=8-16#ref=mp_s_a_1_16

mcgovern wrote: »

Not personally, but at that price I'd be really cautious about buying it.

• Advertisement

More like £156 including postage, which puts it up to about €200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭baldshin

£123.89 with free postage??

Please open the link the next time before you jump to conclusions.
    If it was sterling I would have put this £ magical symbol and not this € one.

baldshin wrote: »
    £123.89 with free postage??

My bad, sorry. I had something else in the basket when I was at the check out, so the total I saw wasn't right. Still came to about €170 including postage at check out, and that's about the price the ones on adverts are going for....... bottom line for me, when the prices on adverts get sensible I'll buy there. I think 150 is about right for a used one on adverts, but they're not there yet.

Please open the link the next time before you jump to conclusions.
    If it was sterling I would have put this £ magical symbol and not this € one.

As I said, my bad. I didn't jump to conclusions, I did open the link, but the amount of money in my check out coincidentally happened to be £156 including postage. There was another item in the basket that I didn't spot. Apologies, but I didn't jump to conclusions. No need to be sarky with the symbols! If my initial reply came across as sarky and that's why yours is sarky, again, apologies, I wasn't trying to be sarky. Just a bit thick that I didn't spot the other item bumping up the final price.

As I said, my bad. I didn't jump to conclusions, I did open the link, but the amount of money in my check out coincidentally happened to be £156 including postage. There was another item in the basket that I didn't spot. Apologies, but I didn't jump to conclusions. No need to be sarky with the symbols! If my initial reply came across as sarky and that's why yours is sarky, again, apologies, I wasn't trying to be sarky. Just a bit thick that I didn't spot the other item bumping up the final price.
    You don't have to pay €14+ for postage, just use parcel motel for €3.90.

• Advertisement

You don't have to pay €14+ for postage, just use parcel motel for €3.90.

Good tip, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭baldshin

I'm still weighing up all the different models. I think I'll end up with a Moto 360 though, provided it's priced reasonably enough here in Oz. Managed to get my 32gb Nexus 5 here direct from Google for circa €300!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Any release date rumoured for the 360 in Ireland yet ?

Apologies if this was posted already !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Picked up a black 360 in Vegas this week. Have only used in Vegas (without data) but seems very impressive so far. Will be a daily driver once back in Ireland this weekend.

If peeps have any particular questions around it lemme know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

bigslick wrote: »
    Picked up a black 360 in Vegas this week. Have only used in Vegas (without data) but seems very impressive so far. Will be a daily driver once back in Ireland this weekend.

If peeps have any particular questions around it lemme know.

How much? Heading to Vegas next week and might pick one up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement