Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oneplus one announced

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Find 7 (QHD not a) being prepared for dispatch. 1+1 would have been a bit cheaper, but not worth their bull and the wait. Also 10% student discount brought them closer together(with free case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

ED E wrote: »
    Find 7 (QHD not a) being prepared for dispatch. 1+1 would have been a bit cheaper, but not worth their bull and the wait. Also 10% student discount brought them closer together(with free case).

Link?

BigCon wrote: »
    Link?

http://europe.oppostyle.com/14-find-7

Its officially "Pre-Order" but theyre actively shipping them from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Cheers for the post it seems to have to same specs for like a €100 more, gonna keep it in mind.

I assume cyanogen will be available for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The fast charging on the find 7 seems great.

They're planned/expected. As with all software projects though, dont trust in it till you see released.

Its an enthusiast phone so either way there will be some clever XDA fellows releasing some lightweight distros in the coming months.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The fast charging on the find 7 seems great.

Yeah it's something that is swinging my decision to it any the moment with the student discount it's less than a €100 more, very tempting and I read on the one plus forum that cyanogen have released C11 as well so you could flash that onto it too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Cheers for the post it seems to have to same specs for like a €100 more, gonna keep it in mind.

Better specs: removable battery, SD slot, band 20, better screen and no waiting for invites. Worth the extra 100 I reckon. What's this about a 10% student discount, where's that set up?

I'm really not liking the camera on the OnePlus, low light photos are blurry and videos are very jumpy, it looks like there's no image stabilisation at all. I'm told it's software but surely they would have fixed that by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Blade wrote: »
    Better specs: removable battery, SD slot, band 20, better screen and no waiting for invites. Worth the extra 100 I reckon. What's this about a 10% student discount, where's that set up?

I'm really not liking the camera on the OnePlus, low light photos are blurry and videos are very jumpy, it looks like there's no image stabilisation at all. I'm told it's software but surely they would have fixed that by now.

Did you try the Google Camera on it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did you try the Google Camera on it?

No, why? Does it have software image stabilisation or something? Tell me more and I'll test it...

No, why? Does it have software image stabilisation or something? Tell me more and I'll test it...

It does on the Nexus 5... but I'm not sure is that Hardware as opposed to software

Give it a go :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

http://europe.oppostyle.com/content/13-education

Its all there. They were pretty prompt processing my request, most you should wait would be two business days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I would absolutely love this phone!

The way they're selling it is a pain though, nearly impossible to get your hands on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

What's the actual way of getting an invite? I've signed up to the OPO forum so is it just a matter of waiting now? A bit ridiculous really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Duff wrote: »
    What's the actual way of getting an invite? I've signed up to the OPO forum so is it just a matter of waiting now? A bit ridiculous really.
    have you just signed up now? if so expect a long wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

daytob wrote: »
    have you just signed up now? if so expect a long wait

Last week, so yeah was expecting a long wait. Might just pay the few quid extra and get one on Aliexpress. Is it always going to be the way they sell them (Invite only) or is it only to generate a buzz for the first few batches of phones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The Find7 is interesting for sure, be interesting to see how users here find the large screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

whats this? on the find or 1+1?

• Advertisement

I was intrigued until I saw the 3GB app storage limit because of the way they partition.

Do you know if it's possible to change this to a unified memory?

I think it's only unified when flashed with CM11, from what I gathered off this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5TxabAOcQ

Actually had my student discount applied this morning so reckon I'm gonna order the premium Find 7 later today.

Just not worth the wait for the 1+ given the better specs for the 7, especially the fast charging and screen.

Will be flashing CM 11 too once it's bugs are worked out so the partition will be no issue.

Just doubled checked it for ya there. Skip to 2 mins on the video, it allows you to use the SD Card as internal storage, so that bypasses the 3GB limit, your man says he's had no problems at all. He'll be doing a follow up shortly so maybe wait for that and see if your unsure.

EDIT: He'll also be uploading a step by step on how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote: »

Jaysus another three week delay for those with invites, what would it be like for those without?!

Please let us know if you decide to get the Find 7 and how it all works out for you.

I haven't looked into this but my understanding was that these phones only came with CM11 and not CM11s which was specifically tweaked for the OPO's hardware. So all the initial bugs they had like low speaker volume etc. would be still there. There would be no warranty either unless you buy it directly from OnePlus and by the time you pay the extra money they're charging for the Chinese model, I honestly think you'd be better off going for the Find 7 with student's discount. With the band 20 and that it should have a better resale value in Ireland if you ever want to sell it on.

Ordered the white Find 7 premium earlier with 32GB SD card, came to €450.

Fieldog wrote: »

Thanks, was worth a shot but unfortunately it was actually worse. The colours in the photos were way off and it didn't do anything for image stabilisation which obviously still needs tweaking by CM. So the verdict is still out on this camera!

Thanks, was worth a shot but unfortunately it was actually worse. The colours in the photos were way off and it didn't do anything for image stabilisation which obviously still needs tweaking by CM. So the verdict is still out on this camera!

Id say that will get ironed out in software to be honest, im not familiar with CM camera since CM9, but from what I can gather the Google Camera was initially based off that and er Googlified.... :D

• Advertisement

Find 7 landed in Dublin tonight. First impressions tomorrow ;)

Antutu score and camera test in low light, image stabilisation etc please!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

Antutu score and camera test in low light, image stabilisation etc please!! :)

Blade, what is the Antutu score of the One Plus One?

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Blade, what is the Antutu score of the One Plus One?

He said 38k awhile back.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He said 38k awhile back.

Yeah around 38,800, won't quite reach the 39, maybe with a future OTA from CM, but really hoping they'll sort the bloody camera out next.

After ordering Find 7 got an email saying one of my items was out of stock and order would be delayed.

However had an email this morning saying it's processing, hopefully have it by Monday or Tuesday.

Pics in a few, setting her up. Cant get 4G going just yet :P

EDIT: RSSI on 4G is low as Im edge of a cell so its jumping back to 3G via "Intelligent Network Optimization", forcing 4G only from the service menu sorted it.

EDIT 2:
    AWtTqhnl.png

Pics in a few, setting her up. Cant get 4G going just yet :P

Mine arrived few hours ago :p

Just setting it up now :P

Very very early impression:

- Beautiful build hardware wise
    - Very nice to hold in the hand
    - Screen is gorgeous
    - 13MP gives some beautifully sharp shots, no low light tried tho yet. Would throw up my pics but their of family members and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jamesccp

Any one have any issues with the phone. I would like to Know what the support is like from such a new company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,109 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Would it not be sensible to separate out that model to a new thread ?

Received an OTA the other night on the OnePlus which was described as minor, but it mentioned a fix for the gyroscope/camera. Sure enough image stabilisation now seems to work great! Auto focus seems quick to me and you can select what area of the photo you want to concentrate the focus on.

listermint wrote: »
    Would it not be sensible to separate out that model to a new thread ?

Yeah, lets split to here lads

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057171617

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The way they're selling it is it near impossible to get your hands on one?

I am in the market for a new phone and was all set to buy the S5 until I saw this phone but what are the chances of getting one in the next 8-10 weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

yabadabado wrote: »
    The way they're selling it is it near impossible to get your hands on one?

I am in the market for a new phone and was all set to buy the S5 until I saw this phone but what are the chances of getting one in the next 8-10 weeks?

I would say if your new the party then unlikely I would check out the other one everyone's looking at instead the Oppo Find 7 (thread link further up) if you are in a rush for a new phone.

I used to be a samsung fan but I wouldnt touch them any more, too many bad experiences.

• Advertisement

fionny wrote: »
    I would say if your new the party then unlikely I would check out the other one everyone's looking at instead the Oppo Find 7 (thread link further up) if you are in a rush for a new phone.

I used to be a samsung fan but I wouldnt touch them any more, too many bad experiences.

Yeah I only signed up to OPO on the 1st week of June.Is there no chance of getting one ?

I'm not in a major rush to get a new phone but if there is no chance of getting this side of xmas I will look elsewhere .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

If someone were to get an invite and didn't want it is it transferable?

If someone were to get an invite and didn't want it is it transferable?
    They must be transferable as people are selling the invites on Ebay.:mad:

If you wanted one in a hurry you could get one off AliExpress. Looking at €300 all in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Lads I have an invite for the 64gb phone but I don't want it as funds are low this month. It looks like you need to set up a VPN to complete the purchase as it realises that I am in Ireland. First pm gets it as it's due to expire soon.

No guarantee that it will work as it may be linked to my email address but worth a shot

• Advertisement
Advertisement