Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nearly forgot we have an FA Cup game this weekend. Would be nice to win but can't say I'm overly pushed about it. Wouldn't mind Suarez getting a rest to be honest but can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Thats something I thought last night when I watched Gerrard celebrate the goal, it wasn't the celebration of a player aiming for 4th....Gerrard thinks/believes we can win the title. No matter what Rodgers is saying publicly I think he believes we have a shot at it too, better to aim for the title - if we get 4th :D

Tbh when I saw the celebration first I thought he was kinda mocking Richardson for his!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

We are also playing Swansea after they play Napoli at home in the Europa League so hopefully Rafa can run them into the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Just dropping in to say still buzzing.

Last night was a rollercoaster of emotions. We looked dire at times but had enough balls and luck to grab the win.

Starting to dream of possibilities ( even though I should know better )

A lot of the lads in work missed the game and highlights cause leccy out, still buzzing as well.
    One major point of note WE ARE THE FORM TEAM at the moment, Arsenal in a bit of a slump, Citeh also not firing and Chelsea still have an issue scoring goals. We have taken 5 points on Arsenal and 2 on Chelsea and City over the last two games. I think we can start to dream, maybe Mourhino is right to keep saying that we are in the best position as we can rest, he is not as stupid as he sometime sounds. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There are too many David Moyes pictures appearing in the LFC threads.

People shouldn't show an obsession with Man U like they have with Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Gota love Riise

VAgdAL9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

10yYfSv.gif

I must admit that when we scored that peno last night I felt like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If AVB was still at Tottenham I'd be more concerned about their proximity, but I think Sheringham will see to it that they lose more points than us in the run in.

My major concern is defense. If we can get Agger & Kelly back in, hopefully we can get Cissokho and Toure as far away from the team as possible, we have a great chance then, not only of fourth, but being in a position to take advantage of those above us slipping up.

With avb track record in England that's a crazy statement spurs look a far better side since he left as does Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

murpho999 wrote: »
    There are too many David Moyes pictures appearing in the LFC threads.

People shouldn't show an obsession with Man U like they have with Liverpool.

I agree ! People need to focus and enjoy how well LFC are doing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Oh me nerves.

Still buzzing from last night. Was in with the home fans and had to try keep a lid on it but could not keep quiet when the penalty was awarded!

Came away from the ground reflecting on Steven Gerrard.

After a hectic first 20 where Fulham were genuinely worrying he managed to get a foot on the ball and calm things down, and from then was imperious. This is the Steven Gerrard who only a few weeks ago many were advocating dropping or moving out to the wing as he was no longer capable in the middle of the park. Written off. Didn't have the legs. Never had the tactical discipline. Missed Lucas. Needed more cover.

Not last night. Complemented by the ever-running Henderson and Coutinho with his new found scrapping attitude, Gerrard took control. Dropping deep and taking possession between the centre halves to start play, dictating tempo, spreading the play. We saw him press on as pressure built getting involved in and around the box too. He had a sweet strike that looked for a second like it was destined for the top corner from my angle, unfortunately not to be. He was part of everything good about last night. If we get more of this from him for the remainder of the season that 4th place, at a minimum, is nailed on.

• Advertisement

With avb track record in England that's a crazy statement spurs look a far better side since he left as does Chelsea

Sherwood is doing a good job there, they are playing a good bit better than when AVB is there for sure.

I'm glad they are doing so well, the lads have to make sure every game is a must win, and if they are chomping on our coat tails to make sure that happens, then all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

DrumSteve wrote: »
    10yYfSv.gif

I must admit that when we scored that peno last night I felt like this.

I see the score has been shopped :pac:

Gota love Riise

VAgdAL9.jpg

That Jersey is actually for an Norwegian Wonter Olympic gold medalist who is a liverpool gerrard fanatic
    Gerrard text him last week to congratulate him and promised him his jersey

Nice few fixtures ahead I'm not too worried about the away trip to southampton as they will definitely come out and attack us and we will terrorize them on the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,875 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bft15q-CEAEXcvS.jpg

FeurGyu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

sherwoods done a terrific job with spurs so far

in the league
    pl:10 w:7 d:2 l:1 Pts:23

under avb spurs lost at home to newcastle..

I see the score has been shopped :pac:

Yeah, I looked at it for about a minute before I copped it lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rossie1977 wrote: »

in the league

Under AVB Newcastle were an entirely different proposition as opponents.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bft15q-CEAEXcvS.jpg

FeurGyu.jpg

Moyes needs to be photoshopped in and replace Gerrard in that pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Not wanting to labour the Sherwood v AVB point but surely the main difference is Sherwood is playing (I'm never going to spell this right) Adeboyor.

Not bothered about the cup game this weekend. While I'd like us to progress the thought of Arsenal having extra games and us less is equally comforting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

If AVB was still at Tottenham I'd be more concerned about their proximity, but I think Sheringham will see to it that they lose more points than us in the run in.

My major concern is defense. If we can get Agger & Kelly back in, hopefully we can get Cissokho and Toure as far away from the team as possible, we have a great chance then, not only of fourth, but being in a position to take advantage of those above us slipping up.

Clueless from start to finish.

in the league

Yes, and Newcastle were actually playing like a team at the time let's not forget. A team a few months ago that some here were concerned about in regards to our top 4 aspirations much like Southampton.

We've all seen managers come in and have their honeymoon period be it over a few games to a dozen. I'm not overly concerned when factoring in their fixture list.

They're playing some decent football, but Ade is key for them. Playing like a man possessed... or a man wanting a new contract, who'd have guessed that.

Bit of potential transfer news. Turkish media linking us with 25 year old left back Caner Erkin from Fenerbache on a free transfer, he has the highest number of assists in the Super League (11) this season and also has two goals to his name. While having seen Fener once or twice this season, can't recall him :o

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Under AVB Newcastle were an entirely different proposition as opponents.

And under Sherwood spurs are now a different proposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Clueless from start to finish.

Cissokho I presume?

Sherwood is fairly naive when it comes to tactics. AVB was a moron not picking Adebayor, but tactically is more aware than playing some of the formations Sherwood has come up with. Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Re: Spurs....I think when the Europa Cup starts back up, it will have a big impact on their results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone who saw him in the NextGen for Sporting a couple of years ago could see he had something, his progress at Liverpool got stunted by his back (growing in to his body issues) but when he started getting U21 games the potential was obvious even if his level of application was not always as clear.

It looks like he has been "chosen" as judged by Rodgers own comments and I'd not be at all surprised if last night cameo was not a prelude to an outing against Arsenal (albeit off the bench).

This I would approve of - the North London Meltown would be only spectacular to witness.

In striker out of form news ;) - Luis Suarez has scored one of Liverpools last 24 goals I think.[/QUOTE]
    What?

He hasnt scored in 2 games?

Sell him now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Cissokho I presume?

Sheringham is fairly naive when it comes to tactics. AVB was a moron not picking Adebayor, but tactically is more aware than playing some of the formations Sheringham has come up with. Time will tell.

Sheringham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Have to say I'm seriously enjoying this thread today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well they are picking up wins but they haven't really looked all that impressive for most of those games. Bar last night but Newcastle have practically chucked it in for the season since Cabaye left.

Would like to see them drop a few points though. They do have Chelsea, Arsenal and Southampton before they play us at Anfield at the end of March. That run will tell a lot about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

The best thing about the past few weeks, is that we seem to have more than one plan. Counterattacking against Everton, pressing and scaring the crap out of Arsenal and possession type stuff against Fulham.

Statz - Liverpool have now scored 43 first-half goals this season, 2 more than Man Utd have in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

1779251_10152176222091132_1208749377_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Top 7 remaining fixtures minus the Man City and Evertons games that were called off last night

Saturday 22nd February 2014
    Chelsea v Everton
    Arsenal v Sunderland
    Man City v Stoke
    Crystal Palace v Man Utd
    Liverpool v Swansea
    Norwich v Tottenham

Saturday 1st March 2014
    Everton v West Ham
    Fulham v Chelsea
    Stoke v Arsenal
    Southampton v Liverpool

Sunday 2nd March 2014
    Tottenham v Cardiff

Saturday 8th March 2014
    West Brom v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Swansea
    Man City v Aston Villa
    Chelsea v Tottenham

Sunday 9th March 2014
    Newcastle v Everton

Monday 10th March 2014
    Liverpool v Sunderland

Saturday 15th March 2014
    Hull v Man City
    Everton v Cardiff
    Aston Villa v Chelsea

Sunday 16th March 2014
    Man Utd v Liverpool
    Tottenham v Arsenal

Saturday 22nd March 2014
    Chelsea v Arsenal
    Cardiff v Liverpool
    Everton v Swansea
    Man City v Fulham
    West Ham v Man Utd

Sunday 23rd March 2014
    Tottenham v Southampton

Tuesday 25th March 2014
    Man Utd v Man City

Saturday 29th March 2014
    Man Utd v Aston Villa
    Crystal Palace v Chelsea
    Arsenal v Man City

Sunday 30th March 2014
    Fulham v Everton
    Liverpool v Tottenham

Saturday 5th April 2014
    Chelsea v Stoke
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man City v Southampton
    Newcastle v Man Utd
    Tottenham v Sunderland
    West Ham v Liverpool

Saturday 12th April 2014
    Arsenal v West Ham
    Liverpool v Man City
    Man Utd v Hull
    Sunderland v Everton
    Swansea v Chelsea
    West Brom v Tottenham

Saturday 19th April 2014
    Chelsea v Sunderland
    Everton v Man Utd
    Hull v Arsenal
    Man City v West Brom
    Norwich v Liverpool
    Tottenham v Fulham

Saturday 26th April 2014
    Arsenal v Newcastle
    Crystal Palace v Man City
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Man Utd v Norwich
    Southampton v Everton
    Stoke v Tottenham

Saturday 3rd May 2014
    Arsenal v West Brom
    Chelsea v Norwich
    Crystal Palace v Liverpool
    Everton v Man City
    Man Utd v Sunderland
    West Ham v Tottenham

Sunday 11th May 2014
    Cardiff v Chelsea
    Hull v Everton
    Liverpool v Newcastle
    Man City v West Ham
    Norwich v Arsenal
    Southampton v Man Utd
    Tottenham v Aston Villa

I am going to be a lout on Sunday 16th March, a drunk and a scoundrel

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Well they are picking up wins but they haven't really looked all that impressive for most of those games. Bar last night but Newcastle have practically chucked it in for the season since Cabaye left.

Would like to see them drop a few points though. They do have Chelsea, Arsenal and Southampton before they play us at Anfield at the end of March. That run will tell a lot about them.

Sherwood has done a great job there so far. He's gotten them to a more settled formation where each player knows their role. And has not been afraid to play the players he wants, rather than try to fit in this seasons signings.

He has stabilised things there and not been afraid to do what he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

IK09 wrote: »
    I am going to be a lought on Sunday 16th March, a drunk and a scoundrel

A lout even! ...but yes, i think its acceptable on that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What a load of tripe.

Spurs are where they are now because of Tim Sherwood, not because of AVB (who was running Spurs into the ground). If AVB was in charge, Adebayor (8 goals and 3 assists in 11 games) would still be training with the kids and Spurs would still be playing mindless hoofball.

Sherwood is fairly naive when it comes to tactics. AVB was a moron not picking Adebayor, but tactically is more aware than playing some of the formations Sherwood has come up with. Time will tell.
    Tactically naive? AVB was one of the worst tacticians to have ever managed in the Premier League. He was playing the exact same awful tactics that got him the sack from Chelsea - the high line with dog sh!t slow defenders and a heavy dose of hoof ball. It was clear at the end of AVB's reign that the entire team was utterly demoralized and AVB's "system" was an utter failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

"Move Phil! Getout tha way!"

https://vine.co/v/M7K0TphVYd3

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

brevity wrote: »
    "Move Phil! Getout tha way!"

https://vine.co/v/M7K0TphVYd3

I had missed that during the game, and was wondering why the ref had a mucky back.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bit of potential transfer news. Turkish media linking us with 25 year old left back Caner Erkin from Fenerbache on a free transfer, he has the highest number of assists in the Super League (11) this season and also has two goals to his name. While having seen Fener once or twice this season, can't recall him :o

Spurs or Chelski will be on to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Augmerson wrote: »

Chelsea'll probably wait until he does the Spurs medical and then sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

in the league

Jesus that's frightening form - 2.3ppg

I know we're feeling great about ourselves today, and it's great that we're arguably in a title race, but I was really hoping that Spurs would have fallen away a bit by now.

Last night was a big convincing win for them, probably their first of the season, and even if Newcastle have declined that is a massive away win.

3 points is very little so we are most certainly still in a battle for 4th first and foremost.

We have the advantage of having them at home, so a win there would be huge. Looking at the fixtures before that, we perhaps have an edge, so it would be nice if we could be in a position to put their challenge to bed at Anfield.

But if Spurs keep up 2.3ppg (and that's a massive IF as they have some tough fixtures ahead and the EL to kick off again) they would almost certainly qualify for the CL (they would have 77/78 points).

So I would be wary of them.

There's an awful long way to go in the battle for 4th, before we start talking about the title.

Augmerson wrote: »

As league champions there will be a cue at the shankly gates as far as Goodson next year full of world class players wanting to join Rodgers revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Top 7 remaining fixtures minus the Man City and Evertons games that were called off last night

Saturday 22nd February 2014
    Chelsea v Everton
    Arsenal v Sunderland
    Man City v Stoke
    Crystal Palace v Man Utd
    Liverpool v Swansea
    Norwich v Tottenham

Saturday 1st March 2014
    Everton v West Ham
    Fulham v Chelsea
    Stoke v Arsenal
    Southampton v Liverpool

Sunday 2nd March 2014
    Tottenham v Cardiff

Saturday 8th March 2014
    West Brom v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Swansea
    Man City v Aston Villa
    Chelsea v Tottenham

Sunday 9th March 2014
    Newcastle v Everton

Monday 10th March 2014
    Liverpool v Sunderland

Saturday 15th March 2014
    Hull v Man City
    Everton v Cardiff
    Aston Villa v Chelsea

Sunday 16th March 2014
    Man Utd v Liverpool
    Tottenham v Arsenal

Saturday 22nd March 2014
    Chelsea v Arsenal
    Cardiff v Liverpool
    Everton v Swansea
    Man City v Fulham
    West Ham v Man Utd

Sunday 23rd March 2014
    Tottenham v Southampton

Tuesday 25th March 2014
    Man Utd v Man City

Saturday 29th March 2014
    Man Utd v Aston Villa
    Crystal Palace v Chelsea
    Arsenal v Man City

Sunday 30th March 2014
    Fulham v Everton
    Liverpool v Tottenham

Saturday 5th April 2014
    Chelsea v Stoke
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man City v Southampton
    Newcastle v Man Utd
    Tottenham v Sunderland
    West Ham v Liverpool

Saturday 12th April 2014
    Arsenal v West Ham
    Liverpool v Man City
    Man Utd v Hull
    Sunderland v Everton
    Swansea v Chelsea
    West Brom v Tottenham

Saturday 19th April 2014
    Chelsea v Sunderland
    Everton v Man Utd
    Hull v Arsenal
    Man City v West Brom
    Norwich v Liverpool
    Tottenham v Fulham

Saturday 26th April 2014
    Arsenal v Newcastle
    Crystal Palace v Man City
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Man Utd v Norwich
    Southampton v Everton
    Stoke v Tottenham

Saturday 3rd May 2014
    Arsenal v West Brom
    Chelsea v Norwich
    Crystal Palace v Liverpool
    Everton v Man City
    Man Utd v Sunderland
    West Ham v Tottenham

Sunday 11th May 2014
    Cardiff v Chelsea
    Hull v Everton
    Liverpool v Newcastle
    Man City v West Ham
    Norwich v Arsenal
    Southampton v Man Utd
    Tottenham v Aston Villa

Apart from when they are playing any of the top 5, why o why are you including man utd's fixtures in the above. They are done :)

It's sad really, not one person is willing to give Sherwood an iota of credit.

Sherwood's decision to bring Adebayor back into the fold wasn't his only astute decision. Look at Bentaleb, he didn't even get near the subs bench under AVB, yet Sherwood has brought him into the team and he has been a revelation at times. Look at Eriksen, he looked awful under AVB, but now that he has been given the freedom to express himself, he has quietly been putting in some excellent performance and racking up goals/assists. Look at Chadli, under AVB, I thought he might have been one of the worst transfers of the season, under Sherwood though, he has showed a bit of handy improvement. The players as a whole look a lot happier on the field, no whinging to the media like they did under AVB. Even when they got tonked by City, they were actually competitive until the sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Apart from when they are playing any of the top 5, why o why are you including man utd's fixtures in the above. They are done :)

Well I would include them because as much as I have enjoyed laughing at them history has thought me don't go over board on it .
    I really really dislike that club and everything about them but I will have my laugh when they can't mathematically can't catch LFC .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What a load of tripe.

Spurs are where they are now because of Tim Sherwood, not because of AVB (who was running Spurs into the ground). If AVB was in charge, Adebayor (8 goals and 3 assists in 11 games) would still be training with the kids and Spurs would still be playing mindless hoofball.

I think Spurs are where they are because they have one of the best squads in the league.
    I think they are where they are despite both AVB and Sherwood, neither of which I believe have much of a notion how to manage a football team.

Sherwood deserves a little bit of credit for getting Spurs slightly below par for how good their squad is. But only a little bit, and I don't think he's doing a huge amount better than AVB was either.
    In both cases they're still getting demolished when a team can match them for quality but also has a better manager - us and city being the two most obvious examples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

See post #120 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

It's sad really, not one person is willing to give Sherwood an iota of credit.

Sherwood's decision to bring Adebayor back into the fold wasn't his only astute decision. Look at Bentaleb, he didn't even get near the subs bench under AVB, yet Sherwood has brought him into the team and he has been a revelation at times. Look at Eriksen, he looked awful under AVB, but now that he has been given the freedom to express himself, he has quietly been putting in some excellent performance and racking up goals/assists. Look at Chadli, under AVB, I thought he might have been one of the worst transfers of the season, under Sherwood though, he has showed a bit of handy improvement. The players as a whole look a lot happier on the field, no whinging to the media like they did under AVB. Even when they got tonked by City, they were actually competitive until the sending off.

Thats cos Sheringham done it all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement