Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'll drive him to London myself

I'll pay for his furniture removal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I read on Tompkins Times something about the Assaidi situation. I will have to dig it our later & repost. It was to the effect that Assaidi was not a Rodgers signing (It was Jen Cheng's) & Rodgers is making a point by not playing him. I don't know whether its bullsh1t or not but its weird that he hasn't had any game time in the league at all.
    Maybe he is sh1t and just not good enough , who knows.
    Would love to read this when you have time.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Me too.
    The former director of communications of Liverpool football club was buying players???? I really don't know what to say to that.

Make of it what you will

wwby45.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Henderson had a good game today, I just wish that he would get a bit more confidence. Too many times he receives a ball from a player only to give it straight back first time with no pressure on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Says its only a loan deal.id expect pacheco to be packing his bags too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

opr wrote: »
    Barret also saying QPR are in talks with Cole. I'd like to take a moment to wish QPR and Redknapp a very happy new year. Great club and a sound fellow is Harry.

Opr

Really? This is too good to be true. I might be tempted to say AGENT HARRY, if indeed it happen.

To be fair, Cole wouldn't look out of place in QPR and their Team of Mercenaries. In fact you might say, it'll be a Perfect Fit. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Qpr are one of the few teams that could pay a lot of his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

sfwcork wrote: »
    Says its only a loan deal.id expect pacheco to be packing his bags too

Surely he can pack his own bags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Cole is afraid he will get injured if he packs his own bags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

djPSB wrote: »
    If his signings are classified as 'sh1te', his predecessors signings must be classed as unmitigated disasters.

i wouldnt really classify suarez, bellamy, enrique or henderson as 'unmitigated disasters' no

I can't believe how far we've mistreated Pacheco. He is Cole's Chore Boy too?!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'll pay for his furniture removal .
    Considering that we're going to have to pay £3.6 million to pay off his contract, I'd hold that thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

here is some more on Joe Cole possibly leaving
    Sky Sports understands Queens Park Rangers are in talks with Liverpool over a move for Joe Cole.

The former England international, who earns a reported £90,000 a week, is expected to leave Anfield in January as he does not feature in boss Brendan Rodgers' long-term plans.

QPR manager Harry Redknapp hopes to take advantage and take former West Ham United colleague Cole to Loftus Road to help in their fight against Premier League relegation.

The playmaker was not a member of Liverpool's squad in Sunday's comfortable win at QPR, which ensured the London club stayed bottom of the table.

And Cole's absence has only increased speculation he will be on the move when the transfer window opens next week.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8373303

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

redzerdrog wrote: »
    i wouldnt really classify suarez, bellamy, enrique or henderson as 'unmitigated disasters' no

You may have missed a few there.

In fact, I'd say you missed in or around £70m worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

So how about we give Joe Cole's 100k a week to Walcott that what he is look for.

Walcott plus 6 million for Renia. Then use the 6 million to buy Begovic. That would be a good Jan. transfer window for me.

like borini and assaidi???
    Borini is injured, and it's now apparent that Assaidi wasn't one of Rodgers signings.

So how about we give Joe Cole's 100k a week to Walcott that what he is look for.

Walcott plus 6 million for Renia. Then use the 6 million to buy Begovic. That would be a good Jan. transfer window for me.
    Temper your expectations, it's going to cost us £3.6 million to pay off Cole's contract.

Borini is injured, and it's now apparent that Assaidi wasn't one of Rodgers signings.

borini offered nothing before his injury (granted he was out of position but you would expect the man that signed him to know his position) and the fact that IF TRUE assaidi was signed by the director of communications then that reflects even worse on rogers for allowing it to happen. Do you think for one minute any top manager would allow that to happen?

Well, according to this one, Harry is also in for Diame.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8366528/Queens-Park-Rangers-have-made-an-offer-for-West-Ham-midfielder-Mohamed-Diame

Don't know how will that work out though.

Let's say Diame does sign for QPR. A player currently suffering from a Hamstring Injury, an injury that currently has no expected return date. Considering that, I doubt he'll recover soon and even if he did, it will be far too late to affect QPR's Relegation Battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, QPR need players tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I find it hard to believe that any manager wouldn't play a player if he thought he was good enough. Assaidi has played just not in the league yet.
    Maybe I'm wrong but if he was good enough/ready I think he'd get some minutes. Also I think he's had some injuries lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd say Suarez was on the way anyway. Henderson's signing is only critical in the price we paid, but i'd have faith in him becoming good.

Just watching motd ..... Beautiful header from D'Agger love to see him score.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'd say Suarez was on the way anyway. Henderson's signing is only critical in the price we paid, but i'd have faith in him becoming good.

could have been i dont know and cant really remember to be honest but he is still a kenny signing imo. diame was on his way here during the summer but that was cancelled when rogers took charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Assaidi seemed decent in the West Brom game. Gave the defense a few problems, put in a few decent crosses and provided a good assist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Pf2wDu7nc

With Enrique possibly out for a bit and Sterling clearly needing a rest, I'd like to see him in there, anyway. Provided he's match fit, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

borini offered nothing before his injury (granted he was out of position but you would expect the man that signed him to know his position) and the fact that IF TRUE assaidi was signed by the director of communications then that reflects even worse on rogers for allowing it to happen. Do you think for one minute any top manager would allow that to happen?

I disagree with you over Borini but that's an aside. We could debate his movement etc all day but it's not relevant to my point.

If Assaidi was signed by Chang, then Rodgers may well have had no say in it (Chang could have been colluding with FSG), so there was no chance of him allowing it to happen or not.

As for the emboldened point, think about Ancelotti being given Torres, Mourinho being given Shevchenko. Those managers were top class but they still 'allowed' those signings to happen.

There is a bunch of stuff that Rodgers should genuinely be criticised for, but this, imo, is just a stick to beat him with. If the owners are buying over his head then he can't exactly do anything about it. If anyone's at fault here, it's Chang and FSG.

EDIT: Rebel makes an excellent point below, and to clarify I'm merely talking about the purchase of the player in terms of principle. IMO buying Assaidi himself was the right move and he should be used more.

On a completely different note, is Wisdom fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,982 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If that's actually the reason why Assaidi isn't getting a game, i'll be really pissed off. He's actually looked like a good aquisition whenever he's played. Doesn't lose the ball, great touch, great control, keeps his head up and has a bit of pace. And from his record at previous clubs, can score a goal too.

If it was his attitude or something, I could deal with it, but if it's really to prove a point that he's boss when a board member actually made an astute move at a low cost, then that's pretty ****ed up.

I really, really hope it's not something that childish.

If Assaidi is not playing because Brendan Rodgers is proving a point. This is the manager of the club putting his ego before the club.

Putting your hurt ego first to the detriment of the club is out of order I believe.

G.K. wrote: »
    I disagree with you over Borini but that's an aside. We could debate his movement etc all day but it's not relevant to my point.

If Assaidi was signed by Chang, then Rodgers may well have had no say in it (Chang could have been colluding with FSG), so there was no chance of him allowing it to happen or not.

As for the emboldened point, think about Ancelotti being given Torres, Mourinho being given Shevchenko. Those managers were top class but they still 'allowed' those signings to happen.

There is a bunch of stuff that Rodgers should genuinely be criticised for, but this, imo, is just a stick to beat him with. If the owners are buying over his head then he can't exactly do anything about it. If anyone's at fault here, it's Chang and FSG.

EDIT: Rebel makes an excellent point below, and to clarify I'm merely talking about the purchase of the player in terms of principle. IMO buying Assaidi himself was the right move and he should be used more.

On a completely different note, is Wisdom fit?

they are different situations imo as they had a dof type figure in place at the time whereas rogers made such a deal about not working with a dof never mind a director of comms buying players.

btw i agree with rebels point and hope that it is not the case as it would really show the whole fcuking club to be an absolute shambles

they are different situations imo as they had a dof type figure in place at the time whereas rogers made such a deal about not working with a dof never mind a director of comms buying players

I see what you're saying, but the owners can still go over his head, in the end. It's them in control of the money and Ayre who does the contracts after all.

Pretty sad reflection on FSG considering they agreed to let Rodgers have control if true though.

• Advertisement

If Assaidi is not playing because Brendan Rodgers is proving a point. This is the manager of the club putting his ego before the club.

Putting your hurt ego first to the detriment of the club is out of order I believe.

Yeah but as I said above I don't believe ANY manager would do that if he thought the player was able and/or ready to add something. The management team work with him every day they will know what he can do.
    He'll get minutes soon enough hopefully.

From gerrard interview about suarez today.....love the last line!

As to Suarez, Gerrard added: "He's been brilliant ever since he came here. He's a magician.

"These clubs have to play him twice a season but we have to play against him every day!"

they are different situations imo as they had a dof type figure in place at the time whereas rogers made such a deal about not working with a dof never mind a director of comms buying players.

btw i agree with rebels point and hope that it is not the case as it would really show the whole fcuking club to be an absolute shambles

Lads this is another pointless discussion where people are believing stuff they read in the media. No way to know who or how he was signed. Chang might have liked him and the scouts might have known him. Endless permutations but wouldn't get too fussed over stuff in the media...... Remember sterling almost went to utd a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Enzo Zidane joining us in February from Real Madrid Academy for two months. He moves very like this dad. (I've no idea how or why we're getting him from Real as supposedly he has a sick assist record with the youth team)

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

gafferino wrote: »
    Yeah but as I said above I don't believe ANY manager would do that if he thought the player was able and/or ready to add something. The management team work with him every day they will know what he can do.
    He'll get minutes soon enough hopefully.

From gerrard interview about suarez today.....love the last line!

As to Suarez, Gerrard added: "He's been brilliant ever since he came here. He's a magician.

"These clubs have to play him twice a season but we have to play against him every day!"

Haha puts things into perspective! Probably embarrasses the crap out of them without even thinking about it. haha

opr wrote: »
    Enzo Zidane joining us in February from Real Madrid Academy for two months. He moves very like this dad. (I've no idea how or why we're getting him from Real as supposedly he has a sick assist record with the youth team)

Opr

Taking after his father,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    If that's actually the reason why Assaidi isn't getting a game, i'll be really pissed off. He's actually looked like a good aquisition whenever he's played. Doesn't lose the ball, great touch, great control, keeps his head up and has a bit of pace. And from his record at previous clubs, can score a goal too.

If it was his attitude or something, I could deal with it, but if it's really to prove a point that he's boss when a board member actually made an astute move at a low cost, then that's pretty ****ed up.

I really, really hope it's not something that childish.

You what the real issue is though right?.

Absolutely clueless ownership where pitch matters are concerned. And i mean, staggeringly bad. Nobody will convince me otherwise, i dont care what opinions others have :pac::cool: . To p1ss off a sedentary club like Fulham takes remarkable feats of cuntishness imo.

At the same time, i hope Tompkins isnt just pulling that info out of his hole because Chang had Assaidi's name on his timeline last year (along with many more).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That info about Assaidi is nothing new so I doubt Tomkins is pulling it from his ass. I mentioned a decent poster on rawk and someone on the Anfield Wrap had mentioned the same thing a month or so back.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

One slightly worrying thing about today's match was that when Lucas was brought on we actually looked more vulnerable through the middle. Kess mentioned the possibility that he may be struggling to regain his pre-injury mobility, today only added more credence to that possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Borini played wide plenty of times for Roma and scored goals from that position. But you know better, right. Don't give the kid a chance or anything.

Wide left, to be accurate. Borini played most of his games wide right for Pool.

Borini played wide plenty of times for Roma and scored goals from that position. But you know better, right. Don't give the kid a chance or anything.
    Wide left, to be accurate. Borini played most of his games wide right for us.

But you know better, right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

im convinced Borini will come good tbh
    his movement in the final third is superb
    he is a good finisher,fast & has a good attitude on the pitch
    be great if was back on sunday against Mansfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mirror running a cock-tease story
    Alonso said: "I have not decided on my future. I will only stay at Real Madrid if I can offer the same level on the pitch as I can now and we will see what happens in the next few months.

"There is always a chance I could go back to the Premier League as I always enjoyed good times there."

Chelsea I presume, oh wait. He don't like Rafa too much now does he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

If Rodgers isn't playing Assaidi because he wasn't one of his signings then he is contradicting himself in saying all season long that his squad is thin. Okay fair enough, the squad is thin, but choosing not to play a player who, imo, is a good player, because he wasn't one of his own signings is pathetic.

Surely it cant be true, surely?

edit: On a side note, good win away from home, QPR woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

mike65 wrote: »
    Mirror running a cock-tease story

Chelsea I presume, oh wait. He don't like Rafa too much now does he.

Iirc, I think they get on still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just poaching these off twitter but gerrard has apparently played every minute for us so far this season qnd has scored 4, his goal against norwichwas officilly given as an og.

@AnfieldIndex: For creating overall chances Luis Suarez is joint 2nd in the Premier League with David Silva (53).

Leighton Baines on 67.

@AnfieldIndex: Steven Gerrard is joint second for Goal Assists this season (6). Only Mata and Rooney have created more goals (7).

@AnfieldIndex: Joe Allen still sitting pretty at the top of the most possession wins table in the Premier League.

He has won the ball back 157 times.

Suarez is one goal behind van persie in the top scorers

So basically this proves that stats are not worth a **** cos despite being so high up in so many catagories, we are still 9th in the league, the only stat that matters.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

So basically this proves that stats are not worth a **** cos despite being so high up in so many catagories, we are still 9th in the league, the only stat that matters.:)

Think they show we create alot but can't finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

joe123 wrote: »
    Carroll burst his boll*x? Apart from a couple of games here and there....he really never looked like he was that arsed at all.

The amount of times he failed to make runs in to the box when crosses were delivered was simply astounding for a striker who is supposed to feed on such opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Wide left, to be accurate. Borini played most of his games wide right for Pool.

He played as much wide left as right this season. He's played poorly on both sides and played well on both sides imo. He played on the right vs City and did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He played as much wide left as right this season. He's played poorly on both sides and played well on both sides imo. He played on the right vs City and did well.

He played right in most games.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement