Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 bill pay.

Options
  • 02-10-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hey guys im considering using bill pay from o2 for the 1st time. Im interested in the 6th month contract. Hopefully get something nice and shiny like an iphone. My question is what are o2 like with billpay compared to the other networks. Anyone had good bad experiences advice etc thanks. Also any negatives or drawbacks to bill pay that i should be aware of as i dont know many of the details. Thanks :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

tkd93 wrote: »
    Hey guys im considering using bill pay from o2 for the 1st time. Im interested in the 6th month contract. Hopefully get something nice and shiny like an iphone. My question is what are o2 like with billpay compared to the other networks. Anyone had good bad experiences advice etc thanks. Also any negatives or drawbacks to bill pay that i should be aware of as i dont know many of the details. Thanks :).

Monitor your bills. If you go over and get a massive bill its your own fault.

iPhone will cost you a loads on the 6 month contract. If you want to see any sort of decent amount taken off youd have to go for 50 pm for 24 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

For a contract as short as 6 months you'd need to be on an expensive plan or you'll pay the guts of the full retail (SIM-free) price for the phone and it will still be network-locked.

For example, I just looked at an iPhone 4S 16GB (Apple SIM-free retail price €579) and on the cheapest 6 month plan (€40 p.m.) you'll pay O2 €469 for the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

So you have to pay a fee for the phone as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Let me guess you thought that if you go on any contract you get a free top end phone? :) You can get a free phone. Just not an iPhone :)

Galaxy Ace 2, Xperia U, Lumia 610 would only come free on 18 months at 40 pm. So don't expect the iPhone to :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes very much so. Even with a 24 month contract its not free :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Ah right. Think ill stick with pre paid

Advertisement