Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2 Moniters

Options
  • 07-06-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, hope Im posting in the correct place.

I have my 32" HD TV hooked up to my PC, through my graphics card. I control everything with my ATI command centre. However, this morning, only my 32" was working(when I turn my pc on, both screens came on, but desktop screen went to powersave and turned of). My was messing around with settings and I ended up pressing some clone feature, this turned my 32" screen of(like my desktop screen). So, at the moment, none of my screens work, when I boot my system, my desktop screen gets me by the boot menu, to where the windows icon appears, then the screen turns of.

Any ideas on how to sort this? Will a restore do it? Can I restore via the boot menu? To be honest im not very good with computers, Im sure you can determine that by my terminology!

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i would check your manual if i were you. i dont know what laptop you have but there should be a keyboard hotkey to change the screen output.
    on my HP laptop i click on the blue FN key and f4. that will swap the screen outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hey i had a similar problem when i pressed clone by mistake i got a round it.
    Is your monitor hdmi or vga ?
    my monitor took both hdmi and vga so i just used the vga cable instead and used a dvi to vga converter at the back of the comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

samhail wrote: »
    i would check your manual if i were you. i dont know what laptop you have but there should be a keyboard hotkey to change the screen output.
    on my HP laptop i click on the blue FN key and f4. that will swap the screen outputs.

Its a PC, my bad, I should have mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Hey i had a similar problem when i pressed clone by mistake i got a round it.
    Is your monitor hdmi or vga ?
    my monitor took both hdmi and vga so i just used the vga cable instead and used a dvi to vga converter at the back of the comp?

Its work fine for months, its HDMI compatable HD TV

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can you boot up in safe mode?

Or if that doesn't work perhaps if your motherboard has an on board graphics card you could remove the main card for now and try to get back into the pc that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

if you are running xp you could try restoring from safe mode not sure about vista though anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Im talking about your desktop monitor is that using a dvi cable ? Is it possible to change to a vga cable this might cause the graphics card to check for a new monitor and you might get a picture?

Advertisement