Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird noise on my computer???

Options
  • 06-06-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Ok so I'm not that technically informed when it comes to computers but I'm currently using a Dell Dimension 4600 and recently when I'm using the computer there is this really annoying beep sound that occurs every few seconds for 1-2 minute periods. It occurs even when I've no programs running and I'd like to get to the bottom of it.Tried Google but to no avail.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Unplug your keyboard, may be a stuck key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭RadioGaGa

Thanks for the quick reply :)
    I'm after unplugging it but the noise occurs very sporadically so only time will tell. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Damn it! It's after starting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Maximus_Laggus

Does it beep on startup? or after it POSTS? Could be the motherboard beeping to warn of an error of some sort. In which case google your motherboard models "beep codes".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Is the keyboard old? Had stuff spilt into it? Possibly a key gets stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is it coming from you speakers or from inside the computer its self

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Like others have indicated, it sounds to me like it could be a stuck key, or something not plugged in right.
    -check all the connectors
    -check out the device manager, there may be a driver missing
    -check the internal cards are all slotted in securely, reboot.

Remember, do not unplug or plug-in a keyboard/mouse while the computer is on. Shut it down first using the "start" button.

Advertisement