Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs Columbia, bitter Brian Kerr tells Il Trap to tone it down.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not sure if anyone posted this but George Hamilton said "We have come to the end of the domestic season but we have plenty of international football still to come".

What a fecking tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

As 90% said our problems last night were almost completely in central midfield. How in gods name a premiership player can't take up good positions to receive a pass I'll never know. You can talk about football intelligence but you don't have to be a genius to stand in a free spot on the pitch so you can take the pass from a teammate. Thankfully Reid and Reid have a bit of positional sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Not sure if anyone posted this but George Hamilton said "We have come to the end of the domestic season but we have plenty of international football still to come".

What a fecking tool.

Another funny one was Kielys post-match interview where he clearly couldn't rememeber whether the next qualification group was for the WC or EC.

Went along the lines of "All I can do is my my best and hope that'll be enough to put me in contention for the upcoming ..... eh.... qualifiers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DesF wrote: »
    McShane is a definite weak spot, and people bigging him up surely now realise that he isn't up to international friendly standard, never mind competitive games.
    McShane was easily our best player in the 2nd half. Outstanding and won everything. First half he was ok like the rest of the defenders. Good performance from someone who Trap says is very low on confidence. Can't wait to see himself and Dunne full of confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,278 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

eirebhoy wrote: »
    McShane was easily our best player in the 2nd half. Outstanding and won everything. First half he was ok like the rest of the defenders. Good performance from someone who Trap says is very low on confidence. Can't wait to see himself and Dunne full of confidence.
    McShane would probably be a decent shout to play against teams that will be all over us - cause he will put himself in front of everything. It is on the odd occasions that we are on top and we need our defenders to keep their concentration and positioning that McShane will possibly be a liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Thought he was very poor in the first half in comparison to the other defenders. Very nervous. One occasion, he laid a back pass on for a Colombian forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

What a fecking tool.

I could be wrong but I tought he said;
    "We have come to the end of the domestic season for these players but we have plenty of international football still to come".

/edit/ no, no, you're right - he was talking about euro cup - i'm a tool too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,986 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

As 90% said our problems last night were almost completely in central midfield. How in gods name a premiership player can't take up good positions to receive a pass I'll never know. You can talk about football intelligence but you don't have to be a genius to stand in a free spot on the pitch so you can take the pass from a teammate. Thankfully Reid and Reid have a bit of positional sense.

exactly, receive the ball, pass the ball, move to a position to receive the ball - repeat. Its really not rocket science, schoolboy stuff one would have thought.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And an easy target for journalists bitter that he refused to play their game?

Yep, this is very true. The media were clearly annoyed with him ever since he put pay to McCarthy's idea of daily press conferences. I clearly remember members of the media giving out that he wasn't available everytime they rang up. Well suprise suprise, being an international manger does involve you actually spending time with the team, you know.

Having said that, there was no need for a negative article that was undoubtedly going to cause trouble...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Syke wrote: »
    saw that, I thought that Ireland was spared that kinda crap.

Here is a pic I took of the happy couple,looks like he dropped the ball!

2536453945_6370ba3c42.jpg

• Advertisement

Here is a pic I took of the happy couple,looks like he dropped the ball!

Two balls. He's getting married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Sorry for bumping this, but France beat Colombia last night 1-0 through a Ribery penalty. And the Colombian side we faced was their full strength team as they have WC Qualifers in 2 weeks.

By my logic, we are now as good as France.

No, we're better than France (they needed a peno).

Advertisement