Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French took cocaine before hospitalised

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

She admitted before she took coacine and then she said she wanted nothing more to do with the cocaine scene. I have no sympathy drugs users they are just as guilty as drug abusers. "I was abused / had a rough childhood / got involved with the wrong people" is not an excuse.

If no one bought drugs, drugs would be worthless. drugs fund organised crime. As for the high profile person in RTE that could be anyone.

You lie down with dogs dont be surprised if you get up with fleas!!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

panda100 wrote: »
    People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.Its so abundant in the krystle/xpose Irish celeb scene cos its a social scence that is based on such ridiculous superficaility. One day your flavour of the month,the next your nobody and models such as Katy are always going to have a younger,better looking more controversial model just behind them. Its no wonder those in that sort of environment have to turn to turn to drugs to escape the intense superfiiciality that surrounds them everywhere. I really hope that Katys death isnt glamourised like so many young,beautiful ,celebrity deaths are.I hope that the press dont start blaming drug dealers etc on the massive problem with drugs in Ireland. Instead they should take a look at society and what is making a whole generation of young Irish people who would seem to have evrything to live for to turn to drugs such as cocaine?
    Is this all drugs, or just cocaine?

Seriously -- What are you talking about? People don't just take drugs to "escape reality". Drugs cause chemical reactions in the body and produce certain effects. They can be used for any sort of reason. You think people take ecstasy to escape reality? Or because the drug enhances their night and is alot of fun?

You think people take nicotine to escape reality? Or because it has a relaxing effect on the body?

Dunno how you can generalise all "drugs" like that. They're all different and can be taken for any number of reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.

With all due respect, this is nonsense. People take drugs because they're a hell of a lot of fun, at least initially.

You can certainly make a strong argument that taking drugs is morally wrong, but attempting to suggest that the only reason people take drugs is "to escape reality" is, IMO, idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What's the argument that taking drugs is morally wrong...? Unless you're a religious person, I really don't think there is one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Theres is a load of drugs you can take even the ones you can get over the counter(solphandine) whatever way you look at it! drink prob causes a lot more death indirectly than any other drug ! then there the dreaded fag its kills me that i can't buy a 10 pack anymore its making me smoke more ! and if you tell a kid not to do something it more or less makes them want to do it more!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I imagine she was being genuine when she said she didn't take cocaine anymore. However, regardless of whatever resolutions you've made prior, you're drunk at a social gathering, everyone is taking it and offering it you gratis, and it becomes very attractive.

Sad story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

drdre wrote: »
    Wow that was a quick postmortem, i didn't think they would publicly mention it this quick.
    These were just the results of the preliminary postmortem.

But the RTE report was worded so badly that it was very ambiguous whether the cocaine use was actually revealed by the preliminary postmortem or revealed by Katy herself.

I didn't think a toxicology lab would be able to get results so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stargal wrote: »
    Tadhg Peavoy from Sky News, who was a friend of hers, as well as Rosanna Davison and John O'Shea from GOAL. Bit of an odd bunch tbh. You can listen to the report here.

I cringed the whole way though, Davison sounds like a muppet, interviewer wasn't much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

But the RTE report was worded so badly that it was very ambiguous whether the cocaine use was actually revealed by the preliminary postmortem or revealed by Katy herself.

I didn't think a toxicology lab would be able to get results so quickly.

They announced the night she died that toxicology results would be out Friday night (yesterday) so I assume that its based of them.
    I imagine she was being genuine when she said she didn't take cocaine anymore. However, regardless of whatever resolutions you've made prior, you're drunk at a social gathering, everyone is taking it and offering it you gratis, and it becomes very attractive.
    Wasn't there only a couple of people in the house and they said there wasn't a party going on.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

All you need is a couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I cringed the whole way though, Davison sounds like a muppet, interviewer wasn't much use.

She said she first met her a year ago, had last seen her a couple of months ago, and didn't go to her birthday last week cos she had a cold. Didn't sound like best of friends to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Models never are the best of friends "darhling" (insert air kiss here).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

mike65 wrote: »
    Models never are the best of friends darhling.

Mike.

They are friends but theres competition between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Couple of off-topic posts have been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Babybing wrote: »
    Anyone else think it is an amazing coincidence that that documentary aired on RTE and pushed coke into the spotlight and then all of a sudden we have the deaths at the party and this Katy French thing.

Im not trying to imply anything here I am just pointing out I think it is a bit mad.

The daily Indo is a cleaned up version of The Star. The half truths, made up interviews with non existant people and wild speculation are all there.
    Of course, it is somewhat more acceptable than the Sunday Independent, which is a rag that should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

The RTE documentary is just a coincidence. The fact it was based on a book that was largely a work of fiction pretty much discredits it.

Wonder will the 3 deaths (2nd lad has died in Waterford) kill off the sugar industry in this country? It is certainly on its way out in Dublin, and despite what the rags suggested never really caught on in D4 apart from a few groups, most probably because the quality is muck. It was a skanger exclusive drug, now even they are tired of it and its moved down the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    The daily Indo is a cleaned up version of The Star. The half truths, made up interviews with non existant people and wild speculation are all there.
    Of course, it is somewhat more acceptable than the Sunday Independent, which is a rag that should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

The RTE documentary is just a coincidence. The fact it was based on a book that was largely a work of fiction pretty much discredits it.

Wonder will the 3 deaths (2nd lad has died in Waterford) kill off the sugar industry in this country? It is certainly on its way out in Dublin, and despite what the rags suggested never really caught on in D4 apart from a few groups, most probably because the quality is muck. It was a skanger exclusive drug, now even they are tired of it and its moved down the country.

It will never be killed off as there are too many buyers, Because the guards might tackle the importers then the price might go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

mike65 wrote: »
    Models never are the best of friends "darhling" (insert air kiss here).

Mike.

Yeah you feel a bit sorry for Katy that no one from her work place i.e Assests turned up to her bday and now there all 'devasted'. Rossanna Davidson has been on the tv,papers every day 'grieveing' her loss but couldnt go to katys party as she 'had the start of a cold'. With friends like that....
    Let this be a warning to all wannabe fame seekers, its really not as glamorous and fun as the media makes out to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

I watched TV3 news last night, they didn't mention that she had taken cocaine. RTE did.

Glenda Gilson didn't go to her birthday party either, obviously not good friends with her. She was due to be on the Late Late Show last night, but Paty Kenny said that she couldn't make due to the ''untimely death of Katy French". She and Rosanna were not good friends with her, their grief seems a bit fake. In the Irish Mirror today Rosanna said "'the nation is in mourning''. That is a bit OTT.

Also, i read in the Irish Mirror today that dozens of photographers who charted Katy's rise to stardom will form a guard of honour at her funeral and lay down their cameras as the coffin is taken to its final resting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Apparently the Mail on Sunday is going to town on the Sindo tomorrow. Some of the Sindo's "journalists" have been questioned by the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

People use cocaine and other drugs for one simple reason.....to escape reality.Its so abundant in the krystle/xpose Irish celeb scene cos its a social scence that is based on such ridiculous superficaility. One day your flavour of the month,the next your nobody and models such as Katy are always going to have a younger,better looking more controversial model just behind them. Its no wonder those in that sort of environment have to turn to turn to drugs to escape the intense superfiiciality that surrounds them everywhere.

lol how terrible her life must have been! No wonder she took drugs to escape the hell! Either that or she just wanted to get high... it doesn't mean that your life is terrible if you want to get high. Stop being so dramatic. She took a risk and she lost big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

Also, i read in the Irish Mirror today that dozens of photographers who charted Katy's rise to stardom will form a guard of honour at her funeral and lay down their cameras as the coffin is taken to its final resting place.

Is this real or a joke? It just sounds ridicilous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bigbobbya

One can't help but suspect that the likes of Rosanna Davison are seizing the opportunity to re-envigorate their rapidly fading stars by giving as many interviews as the red tops will take from them.

I would also echo the sentiments above in relation to her observation that 'the nation is mourning'. The nation is in fact just having a quick look at a human interest story because it's been a relatively slow couple of days in the world of showbiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Romero

Davison & Gilson, I never liked them and now they are playing up as if they were best mates of Katy, very two faced, I'd say they are delighted as they'll get more gigs now poor Katy is out of the way.
    One question what the hell was she doing at some dodgy truckdrivers house anyway? talk about swimming outside your own circle and why has this guy dissappeared all of a sudden if he has nothing to hide?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭seanabc

One can't help but suspect that the likes of Rosanna Davison are seizing the opportunity to re-envigorate their rapidly fading stars by giving as many interviews as the red tops will take from them.

Absolutely. The Gavin Lambe Murphy is just the worst example. (Despite all his interviews I still have to stop myself from calling him Gavin Lambe Friday, that's how much of a name he's made for himself.) I have no proof of this, but does anyone really believe that any 'celebrities', or anyone else for that matter, have changed their lifestyles because of what's happened in Meath or Waterford?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

My god , listening to Rossana Davidson would drive you to coke , She is a self riteous bore !

" I couldnt go to her party because I had the onset of a cold" FFS ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Romero wrote: »
    One question what the hell was she doing at some dodgy truckdrivers house anyway? talk about swimming outside your own circle and why has this guy dissappeared all of a sudden if he has nothing to hide?

Apparently he is big on the Dublin socialite gob****e circuit.
    I would imagine he disappeared because it has been alleged Katy wasn't taken to hospital for 8 hours after she had the reaction to the cocaine, and had he brought her to hospital as soon as she was taken ill, it is more likely she would have recovered.

Did anyone else see the Indo today? What an absolute RAG of a newspaper. Pages 1-10 all about this Z-lister. It's sad that she died but at the end of the day she knew the dangers, and she shouldn't be getting so much coverage in the news. How many of us even knew who she was before she overdosed on a drug she had hypocritically slammed on television a week before, whilst lying that she had given it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Queen wrote: »
    Apparently, there is to be an investigation to try and track down the dealer who sold it to her. (According to todays The Star)
    :confused: Is that always done following a drug-related death? For example, the death of a north inner city junkie?
    I heard a rumour it was someone within RTE, 'high profile'. Heard a name but I won't say, cos it's still just a rumour. I'd say the Gardai are going to go all out on this one.
    Ooh a big nasty person who put a gun to her head and shoved the cocaine up her nose...
    She admitted before she took coacine and then she said she wanted nothing more to do with the cocaine scene.
    Well she WOULD say that...
    I have no sympathy drugs users they are just as guilty as drug abusers. "I was abused / had a rough childhood / got involved with the wrong people" is not an excuse.

If no one bought drugs, drugs would be worthless. drugs fund organised crime. As for the high profile person in RTE that could be anyone.

Well I do have sympathy for her because most people who do drugs DON'T die, and not having any sympathy for a young woman who died an agonising death is just heartless.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

seanabc wrote: »
    Is this real or a joke? It just sounds ridicilous.

Its what is written in todays Mirror. I hope its not true, it would be a very tacky thing to do.

She admitted before she took coacine and then she said she wanted nothing more to do with the cocaine scene. I have no sympathy drugs users they are just as guilty as drug abusers. "I was abused / had a rough childhood / got involved with the wrong people" is not an excuse.

You have a few true points, but one could also argue the toss, depending on one's standpoint. If you'd said "if drugs were regulated, drugs would be worthless (to organised crime)" the basic crux of your argument would still stand. You will never, EVER rach a point of 0% drug use.

I'm not calling for the legalisation/declassification of coke, just pointing out another side to the argument.
    You can certainly make a strong argument that taking drugs is morally wrong, but attempting to suggest that the only reason people take drugs is "to escape reality" is, IMO, idiotic.

Attempting to suggest that taking dugs is morally wrong is, IMO, idiotic.
    Attempting to suggest that people only take drugs is to escape realty is idiotic - FACT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Romero

Dudess wrote: »
    I doubt he'll get sent down for manslaughter because Katy herself (yes, herself) took the drug.

but if you don't help someone or deny them medical attention when very obviously she was extremely unwell, then I would class that as a crime.

Advertisement