Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oneplus one announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I tracked my parcel and it says on the royal mail track & trace that it arrived at there Belfast delivery office. Does it go from there to the Parcel motel delivery address in Belfast? And if so will that happen tomorrow or do they only operate on weekdays?

I tracked my parcel and it says on the royal mail track & trace that it arrived at there Belfast delivery office. Does it go from there to the Parcel motel delivery address in Belfast? And if so will that happen tomorrow or do they only operate on weekdays?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

ronanc1000 wrote: »

Parcel Motel deliver on Saturday but not Sunday.

They *told* me that parcels are not actually processed into *their* system until they get to a Parcel Motel depot in Dublin.... Once that's done, and the package is put on a van, left to the local collection point, it could easily be 11.30 PM at night however. That's usually in the same day that it was signed for at the address in the North.

At least that's the case for the Dublin area. I don't want to presume you're in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I see this phone is available from oneplus.eu. Prices do not look too bad either. €289 for 16gb & €329 for 32gb. Is that site ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emo72

I see this phone is available from oneplus.eu. Prices do not look too bad either. €289 for 16gb & €329 for 32gb. Is that site ok?

I don't think there is a 32 gig variant. Be very wary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Now available from mixeshop ~€335 delivered. Use Netherlands post to (attempt to) avoid customs. Cheaper than from oneplus itself. http://www.mixeshop.com/oneplus-one-fdd-lte-4g-snapdragon-801-25ghz-quad-core-55-inch-gorilla-glass-fhd-screen-android-44-3gb-ram-64gb-rom-nfc-3100mah-battery-smartphone_p4589.html

emo72 wrote: »
    I don't think there is a 32 gig variant. Be very wary

My bad:o. Its the 16gb & 64gb that are listed at the prices I posted above.

http://oneplus.eu/oneplus-one-7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emo72

I didn't think it was available anywhere else except OnePlus. I mean I didn't think there was any spares going around due to the invite system. So how have these guys got stock?

Unless someone can vouch for them I would be wary. You are welcome to be a Guinea pig for us!

emo72 wrote: »
    I didn't think it was available anywhere else except OnePlus. I mean I didn't think there was any spares going around due to the invite system. So how have these guys got stock?

Unless someone can vouch for them I would be wary. You are welcome to be a Guinea pig for us!

No chance:D. I'd be very slow to buy from a site thats not been touted here as being koshur. Its just that I saw a link posted in a review of another phone on gizchina.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Any invites floating around?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

elvisn wrote: »
    Any invites floating around?

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057251489&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digestthread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

mixeshop is grand. Have used it as have many others on the chinese phone thread.

I'd be wary of the other site posted, doesn't look very reputable.

Whats the verdict on the official charger with the phone? Poor quailty me thinks. Is it wise to use the official one over a third party one? Does it make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Whats the verdict on the official charger with the phone? Poor quailty me thinks. Is it wise to use the official one over a third party one? Does it make a difference?
    Mine seems to be broken already and I barely used it .Was mostly using an old HTC one I have without problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ferris98

I have had no problem so far with the charger touch wood. Its a great device very fast and I love the uniqueness of it all. Its unbelievable Jeff.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I got the Anker 5 port desktop charger just 2 days ago from amazon. Great little piece of kit, charges all the phones and tablets here in one place. Its handy enough.

Got it here with pm
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EJA28ES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Shíte. My cable developed a hairline crack along the micro usb end after about 7 charges. Such a hassle dealing with support and trying to get a replacement. Using a Galaxy S4 charger at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Duff wrote: »
    Shíte. My cable developed a hairline crack along the micro usb end after about 7 charges. Such a hassle dealing with support and trying to get a replacement. Using a Galaxy S4 charger at the minute.

You can pick up ten usb cables for around €3 on ebay. That's the beauty of usb charge cables, you'll also get them in the euro stores. Wouldn't be overly concerned about the proprietary cable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

twam2008 wrote: »
    You can pick up ten usb cables for around €3 on ebay. That's the beauty of usb charge cables, you'll also get them in the euro stores. Wouldn't be overly concerned about the proprietary cable.

The proprietary cable charges the phone much faster than a cheap ebay cable.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    The proprietary cable charges the phone much faster than a cheap ebay cable.

Fair enough, but I haven't had an issue with the speed my phone charges at. And love having a ganzy load of cables :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

For the record again as someone was perpetuating false information...

You can use ANY usb charger for any phone safely to charge the phone it doesnt matter if its Apple, HTC or Nokia... no difference.

Personally I think the cable is lovely and solid with the One Plus but I didnt even unbox the plug part as its the EU socket type and I CBA to use an adaptor on top of it... I was using an iphone plug but have changed it to the plug for my Nexus 7 so that I can charge both using the same lead/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What covers/protection are people using? I much prefer simple and thin bumpers to the heavy-duty stuff, as I don't tend to be very rough with my phones.

ionapaul wrote: »
    What covers/protection are people using? I much prefer simple and thin bumpers to the heavy-duty stuff, as I don't tend to be very rough with my phones.

I got a Nilkin one, allowed me to put a thin metal plate between phone and cover to stick on a magnetic holder in car. And maybe protect it from the odd bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Duff wrote: »

Had you any luck getting a replacement cable from OnePlus ?

My charger seems to be constantly disconnected, charger light on the phone keeps flashing on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why does this phone cost more on the UK site than on the US one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Vat

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

AFAIK their sales tax (which varies from state to state) is added at checkout and not included in the listed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I seen on the one plus forums that's it works out cheaper to get it sent to Germany and then onto Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I seen on the one plus forums that's it works out cheaper to get it sent to Germany and then onto Ireland.

How would you go about getting it sent on from Germany?
    Unless they knew somebody there or something.

Advertisement